Bookings Extension – Add remaining spots to calendar box

Specifically for situations where there is a set maximum number of people per day. Right now, users have no idea if a block is partially booked until they select dates. Indicating how many spots remain inside each calendar date box would really improve user experience.

Our bookings calendar is used to book beds in a hostel. If there are 8 beds and a group of 5 wants to book, right now they have no idea which days already have partial bookings of 4 or more where they wouldn’t be able to book. A simple solution would be to indicate remaining spots in the calendar.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: November 11, 2014

5 comments

1. Sally says:

YES!! this is urgently needed and also in the dashboard calendar. Admin and vendors need to see how many people places are available in a booking slot and how many have been booked.

2. Anonymous says:

When booked on a tour you will see how many places are available. If you have nog yet booked, you will not see it. People think that there i no free space. The need is that it is always shown how many places are available.

3. Anonymous says:

Yes I agree it would be good to display the full blocked days

4. Anonymous says:

Very much looking forward to this!

5. mick says:

I agree, this is extremely important to me.

Ideally, for a bookable product with many identical possible bookings (such as the bed example, for me it is hourly hire objects) that on the product page the customer should

1) select the number of blocks,
    2) then the date,
    3) then the start time
    4) An ajax call should then return text with the quantity of the bookable product that is available within those parameters.
    5) The ajax call should also return a selectbox where the number of bookings can be selected and added to the cart when the Book Now is clicked.

It seems logical that all accommodation booking or hire booking sites would require this feature as well, otherwise customers will have to go tthrough the checkout multiple times to book identical products.