Pre-orders plugin allow other products to be added to cart

Currently, the pre-order plugin allows for only one pre-order product to be added to the cart. If there are existing products in the cart, the pre-order plugin wipes the cart clean. It would be great to be able to order other products while pre-ordering another product.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: September 2, 2014

38 comments

1. numiscollect0 says:

ok. I just now in class-wc-pre-orders-cart.php for the moment added a // before the add_filter at the top.
    of course this is changing something in the plugin php file so re-do each time update.
    it works……… it’s the same as the fuction that stopped working. but i hav eno clue how to change that

2. numiscollect0 says:

Hi,
    the fix around put below doesn’t work since update today.
    anyone has an update for the code?

i was using this but this is broken since todays update

add_action( ‘init’, ‘remove_validation_cart’ );
    function remove_validation_cart(){
    remove_filter( ‘woocommerce_add_to_cart_validation’, array( $GLOBALS[‘wc_pre_orders’]->cart, ‘validate_cart’ ), 15, 2 );
    }

3. Balades Sonores says:

Same there. As long as the cart is limited to 1 pre-order ; and not multiple items plugin is useless to us.
    if (one of) the issue is the availability date > shipping date for available items ; a warning to the customer stating that all items in cart will be shipped upon pre-order availability date that would (for us) solve the issue as it is exactly what our client do.

4. Stéphane says:

This plugin is very confusing for customer as it is currently designed.

Customer dont get what can be added and what cannot be added to basket. As the result they just leave the website.

I have decided to disable this plugin

5. ecocaffe says:

Can we have an option, where we can enable the ability for non-preorder products to be added alongside preorders in the cart?

6. woopro57 says:

Check the seamless cart/checkout experience with Woocommerce PreOrder here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USVKDHbyL6o
    I created an extension plugin for this. So now user can buy both type of products at one checkout.
    Please contact me on woopro57ATGMAILDOTCOM

7. ngolwalkar2311 says:

This guy made an extension plugin for it. It work perfectly!!
    https://www.loom.com/share/14f281d1726b4147ac67a5b8f69d290e

8. ngolwalkar2311 says:

This is a much needed feature.

9. solarzwerg says:

Hey Team, are you alive?

At least let people add multiple pre-order products with the same product ids (same product, same pre-order date) to be added to the cart.

In my case I use woocommerce product bundles. Bundle has pre-order date. People can not add the same bundle twice in two stepts to the cart (only 2 at once)

10. sv44437426 says:

Such a decision kills the whole point of e-commerce.

11. buttonpoetry says:

Please add!

12. Moly Doly says:

Yes, it may be good, many time it may annoying for customers to make multiple time purchase.

13. Brigitte Giblin says:

desperately need to allow multiple products to be added to cart. I wish i had know this wasnt possible before buying!

14. Anonymous says:

totally agree. We need this feature to be activated asap. A lot of client think that it’s a bug on the website that deletes all current added to cart items.

15. Matt Campbell says:

Any update on this? It’s a basic necessity and is causing me to actively seek an alternative plugin.

There’s a lot with WooCom Pre-orders that needs updating and it appears there’s zero development being done on the plugin since WooCom bought it. 🙁

16. Amit Gupta says:

Hi Guys,

Please check the working Pre orders with the normal orders. I made a solution for it.

https://www.loom.com/share/bac0234ffb534e36a2ce56da875caf87

If you want the plugin, you can contact me on my email id.

woopro57@gmail.com

17. Matt Campbell says:

Does your plugin require that pre-orders be set as payment upfront Amit?

18. Anonymous says:

Though I imagine there are some businesses for whom current functionality fits the bill, mine is not one of them. I do hope Woo considers developing this functionality.

I want to share this suggestion from Abhi — a Woo support person who gave me an incredibly thorough and empathetic response:

However in the comments on the Ideas Board, there was a suggested customization to help work around this:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29358248/woocommerce-pre-orders-plugin

19. MikeIsTheBest says:

I can’t believe YITH does a better job on this feature than WooCommerce themselves. Embarrassing to say the least and I will be switching to YITH products moving forward. For anyone looking for a quick and dirty solution, try the following in your child theme’s functions.php file:

add_action( ‘init’, ‘remove_validation_cart’ );
    function remove_validation_cart(){
    remove_filter( ‘woocommerce_add_to_cart_validation’, array( $GLOBALS[‘wc_pre_orders’]->cart, ‘validate_cart’ ), 15, 2 );
    }

20. Amit Gupta says:

Hi Matt,
    No, it doesn’t require any restriction. it works seemlesly.

21. Dom says:

This limitation makes the plugin unusable because customers will purchase dozens of items on pre-order at once. My client has only one supplier so all pre-ordered products arrive at once, and customers can only put pre-orders in their cart, so the complexity is removed.

Even so, I’m sure it’s possible to add a feature where an order can be given the status Partially Processed, and where the status of each item in the order can be recorded individually

22. Nicole says:

I agree!! Very annoying and inconvenient to have customers make multiple purchases!

23. Sébastien says:

This is definitely a major requirement for most web stores. The added value of the plugin without it is very limited!

24. Anonymous says:

This is definitely a major requirement for most web stores. The added value of the plugin without it is very limited!

25. Anonymous says:

Yasss please!