How can we improve WooThemes?

Listings retired: Bring custom post type builder back

Now that you have retired the Listings theme - http://docs.woothemes.com/document/retired-themes/ - in favor of removing functionality from themes and bringing it into plugins where it belongs, it would be great if you could develop a similar experience to Listings with a new theme + plugin combo.

Ideally, it would include the custom post type builder as well as Google Maps integration (two separate plugins?)

Now that you have retired the Listings theme there are 1000s of customers that will need to look at updating their site down the road.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MariaMaria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DarronDarron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Maria mentions above - I feel there certainly must be a market place for a similar functioning workflow set up as listings and custom post type builder.

Given that's it's just taken me, together with the canvas framework, somewhere in the order of 6 plugins to achieve something slightly similar to listings and custom post type builder and yet still, from my clients point of view, be somewhat of a clunky solution (google map shortcode pasting into html modules etc!).

I'd be willing to pay for a woo plugin that addresses these issues, as I'm hoping this is not the first time clients will be requiring this type of listings site

• Mark LemonMark Lemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before I read all this about Listings being retired, I upgraded to WP4. Now I'm not seeing images in IE 11 or Chrome (works fine in Firefox). Is Listings v1.5.4 the most recent? Did the 6 month grace period on support end just before WP4.0? Should I restore my backup and avoid WP4 until I find a replacement template? I cannot find anyone else talking about this on the boards, so I figured I'd add this comment here since you are also using Listings, maybe you know more than I do.

• GreatRiverGreatRiver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support the idea of providing these capabilities in combo / plug-in fashion. They could be provided as commercial products providing Woothemes with added revenue stream! Maybe even expanding there plugins into a category like ---> WooPlugins? :--)

Feedback and Knowledge Base