How can we improve WooThemes?

WooCommerce / Physical Store Integration System

My current client is thinking of dropping their website entirely due to problems with inventory management. They currently are using a Wordpress site with WooCommerce. All of their inventory is listed on the website and is sold in their physical store. The problem is that when they sell items in-store, the products need to be adjusted separately in WooCommerce. I am looking for a single system that will integrate POS, inventory management, and bookkeeping in the physical store and on the website.

In fact, I have had potential clients who either chose not to have a website or dropped their previous website for this same reason. The only option that I have found is a third party plugin that integrates QuickBooks with WooCommerce. However, synchronizing the plugin with QuickBooks was a nightmare. I won't mention the developer but the support was terrible and took at least 24 hours for each response. It meant weeks of working to resolve the plugin and end the end we chose to drop it as it did not work very well.

I can say first-hand that there is a huge demand for a single system that integrates E-Commerce/POS/Inventory Management/Bookkeeping. I would be suprised if this hasn't already been posted. Any developer out there who is up to the task should certainly take on this project. There is a lot of money to be made.

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg S.Greg S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good idea as I'm currently setting up woocommerce and will have to run two separate inventory management systems, quickbooks and woocommerce.

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have FileMaker integrated with a woocommerce install. No plugin needed really. The primary focus of this originally was to reduce woo stock when products were not sold on the woo site.

It has grown to be a bit more than that now.

This allows for any POS that works with FileMaker to reduce stock. You can even push orders into WooCommerce from the store so customers can view their in store purchases online if you have their email address or a system to identify them.

If the WooCommerce API get product add and edit features that would be a huge thing if the image thumbnails and other needed meta data for products can be generated on the WP side instead of with FM and sent over. You could publish new product to WP directly from an iOS app with no need for users to log into WP back end. Using the power of WooCommerce to manage orders is even better. As simple as WP can be many users can't handle it. All of our users login to WP with WPUF Pro. Using Filemaker to integrate directly with a Full featured WC API would be the best idea.

I have been thinking about making this a plugin. Not really sure how many people really need it though. It certainly would not be free. Kind of waiting to see what happens with the WooCommerce API. The main issue for me has been the speed that adding new products to WC via Filemaker takes. Most of the time is image upload and adding through WP takes time too. Adding a product and uploading three images is taking about 18 seconds right now. I guess that's not bad.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this calls for FileMaker Pro intergration with Woocommerce !
        WooNinjas could you please make a plugin for FileMaker Pro so that we can have our website updated with what is current in the database. Eg if I add a product on FileMaker Pro it will update woocommerce. Also as filemaker can be used as a POS system then it would automatically update stock levels in the FileMaker Pro database which would also update the website stock levels.

Please someone make this plugin, there is lots of demand across the internet for this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a huge problem but luckily one we’ve solved for over a decade. We’ve built integrations to the following POS/ERP systems: CAM Commerce, CAP Software, CounterPoint, QuickBooks POS, Retail Pro, RetailEdge, RICS Software, RMSA, RunIt, Sage, Tri-Technical Systems and Visual Retail Plus. Currently, these integrations work with other e-commerce platforms but this month we’re bringing all these integrations to WooCommerce.

Don’t find your POS/ERP listed? No worries we can integrate really almost any system (yes, we’ve even done one in DOS – ouch).

We’re happy to help stores, as well as, agencies get their POS/ERP systems integrated with WooCommerce.

I’ll update you once these are done but for now you can read more about us here: http://www.modernretail.com

Thank you.

• TarunTarun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with Greg. Since such a solution was not readily available, we are building a custom solution that integrates WooCommerce and e-conomic for one of our clients. Also we have planned a solution to integrate WooCommerce and Vend POS System but have not started working on it yet.

http://wisdmlabs.com/blog/integrate-woocommerce-accounting-system-e-conomic/

We can definitely build this solution for who ever is interested. The last thing any WordPress developer would want is clients dropping their website.

• EgbertEgbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found out that Paul Kilmurray in AU is working on a POS extension. I try to assist him where possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please for the love of god we need a WooCommerce POS solution.

I have a physical store - we do far less volume in-store than online, and right now we just enter orders in the woocommerce backend and do a manual credit card transaction.

It takes too long and customers get impatient.

Feedback and Knowledge Base