How can we improve WooThemes?

Complete orders with a barcode scanner

Hi all.
I would really like to get this feature for woocommerce. I think that's it - so people can use the woocommerce features than magento.

1: Every time you print out a invoice, it shall contain a uniq barcode
2: When scanning the barcode, it completes the order / ships the order.

3: You shall scan the order using a barcode scanner, and it shall be easy, like, it inputs the barcode numbers into a textfield(with a command on) - then it just completes orders.

Conditions:
1) It shall check if the order already is shipped (turn red)
2) It shall check if the order is not paid (ex. ONLY processing orders can be scanned)

Do to this, i will turn the management down by 80%.
I have done a plugin lookalike to magento, and it works brilliant!

No everyone has a shopping store in citis, but only webstore. So this feature will be helping the packing part fast.

Heres an example:

1: When a new order receives it sends the order to XXX@email.com
2: A computer software scans for new emails on XXX@gmail.com
3: When a new email comes, it will print out the email
4: Now the email (new order) is printed out, and ready to be packed
5: Its not packed, go to "Woocommerce" menu - and pick "Scan orders", and click inside scanning area, and start scanning your completed orders

6: Close the packing box on the order and ship it.

The barcode doesn't need to be on the invoice, it can also be on your shipping label for boxes.

It will be a great plugin!

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WebdepotetWebdepotet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam PooleyAdam Pooley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if it worked with one of the popular invoice plugins. Having the barcode on the invoice would make it easier to check them off as completed.

• GabrieleGabriele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new "woocommerce order barcodes" plugin is good, but if I understood it well, it doesn't manage RMAs so if a client sends back what he bought, the store manager still has to manually adjust the stock quantity. I think a barcode/QR generator plugin should manage both outgoing and incoming warehouse orders.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. But if you could add more functionality around the post order side. You could open the usefullness of this plugin to everyone who is trying to sell tickets via WooCommerce if you coded in a 'check-in' function so that people could bring these bar-coded (bar codes as well as QR codes would be nice because QR scanners are very pricy) tickets / invoices / welcome emails to the event and they could 'check' you in by scanning the barcode.

Feedback and Knowledge Base