Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John R Crowley JrJohn R Crowley Jr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mjingomjingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 - vital. Canvas feeling restrictive and dated without this (together with mobile nav that works with hashtag anchor links because it's unusable in current form).

• MareMare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks John, if I use Canvas again I'll be sure to pull down that plug in!

• John BoltonJohn Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be achieved using the Siteorigin Page Builder plugin which is free to download. I've been using it a few months now and it works great for full width content blocks.

• Ben JamiesonBen Jamieson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over a year with people begging for this.

Add one more voice to the chorus.

This is so damned essential!!!

• Nicole SchallerNicole Schaller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One-pager

Missing feature in Canvas: One-pager homepage with full-width background for sections. This is what the full width content block could be used for.

• scottscott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this to canvas. The background color is the only thing that is changing to make it feel like there are "sections". The content /text will still be confined to page wrapper. like this http://www.hiveage.com/

example:

[fullblock #33ff99] this is a section [/fullblock]

[fullblock url http://woo.com/pattern.png] this is another section with image pattern background[/fullblock]

• StephanStephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this was possible! I think it could be done if it was set up as a separate plugin that allowed the page to be divided into sections. It could also be achieved if you could select pages to be stacked within a page.

• JonasJonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree that this is a must-have, particularly given how ubiquitous full-width web design has become. Is there a way to know whether this is in the works or part of a roadmap? I'm considering switching themes but don't want to if there's a reasonably probability of this functionality coming to Canvas soon!

• Sam LowrySam Lowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also badly want this option. For me, I'd like it available for just about anything. I think two options would be nice: 1. full-width image 2. insert your own shortcode/php

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love this feature too. A full width content block would be awesome. Loads of websites have it at the moment and I feel left out ;)

• Brett BlevinsBrett Blevins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha, ha, the home page of woothemes.com as of 2014-10-31 is doing exactly what we're talking about: the "Happy Hallowoon" content block and the WordPress Themes block with the full-width laptop-on-the-table image background. As mentioned in an earlier message below, I'm also looking to have not only full-width background image, but full-width content (for galleries and such). Also, more than one full-width block per page. If you do a bunch of stacked full-width blocks, you essentially end up with The One Pager.

Another refinement: this needs to be on a per-page basis, because a 100%-width content div is probably not going to be used on every page of a site. Probably only on image/video galleries and WooCommerce products pages. If someone has a big huge screen and they want to run the browser full screen, let all those products fill the width instead of making them scroll.

Athen on March 04, 2014 05:32 said:
        Please take a look at this page: http://www.shopify.com/
        They use 100% width wrapper, with a content div of 1020px. We really need to be able to make the same type of backgrounds - the coloured background boxes that are 100% width :)

All good, but some of us also need to make the content div also be 100%, such as the times when you have an image gallery that you want to expand to whatever width browser you have. Then I can make my own "content-block" divs that are 0-100% width as needed, all inside the 100% width content div.

• GaltGalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this coming along Magnus?

What can we expect next for Canvas?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base