How can we improve WooThemes?

Improve the WooFramework to be more child-theme friendly

I would really like to improve the woo framework more child-theme friendly. My first Suggestion is to add a filter to the stylesheet reader function in theme-options.php, so that child theme developers could change the directory where woo framework is looking for it styles. While doing so, child-theme developers could stay to best practice and create a folder "styles" in the child-theme directory and creae their own set of styles which then be selectable via theme-option panel in the backend.

//Stylesheets Reader
$alt_stylesheet_path = get_template_directory() . '/styles/';

In this way child themes authors should be able to hook in via fuction.php on "init" and change it to use the child-themes-diectory via

$alt_stylesheet_path = get_stylesheet_directory() . '/styles/';

Thanks for looking into it or at least pass it to a developer...

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JanJan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ernest BurnettErnest Burnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this area, would like to see parent theme template files modified so they are more conducive for child-themeing. While some of the templates seem designed for one time use, for some it makes sense to keep as is (archives) while others (blog pages) to modify for replicated use. I have modified theme options for personal use in my child theme, with queries filtered by category slugs - the problem would arise in the event of an update, where the default templates would regain their template names in the parent theme, which would be inherited in the theme import. If there were a way to assign template names or create the themes templates from the theme options, that would be great - and prevent the editor from "seeing" the "named" templates from the parent theme.

Feedback and Knowledge Base