How can we improve WooThemes?

Corporate Pricing Table & Testimonial Shortcodes

Love the recent upgrades to the Woo shortcodes, but the two mentioned shortcodes is something I feel is missing to make the collection "complete"

Example of how it could be done can be found on this page:

http://www.elegantthemes.com/preview/TheProfessional/shortcodes/

Another option that could be an idea is to add a very flexible shortcode that can be edited in the options panel -- a shortcode to add a html code. an example of how this could be used is to have different signup forms and/or info boxes custom created in the options panel, and then just add the code where they`re wanted based on relevant posts and pages.

In other words; a shortcode creator :) but I guess thats a bit off topic and down the line...

179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Runar FossumRunar Fossum shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John R Crowley JrJohn R Crowley Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matty,

Thanks for the quick response, your service is good.

After consideration because I don't have woocommerce yet.

I think your recommendation is the way to go as it will move me towards your woocommerce product and should satisfy my lack of CSS skills to develop the pricing table while being able to charge for products or services in the table.

John Crowley

• Matty CohenAdminMatty Cohen (Chief Product Officer, WooThemes) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi John,

Thanks for checking in on this.

While pricing tables isn't at the top of our list, this is something we have been exploring for some time.

We currently have a discussion in the works regarding auto-generating pricing tables based on WooCommerce products.

Would that meet your desired pricing table needs?

Thanks and regards,
        Matty.

Chief Product Officer at WooThemes

• John R Crowley JrJohn R Crowley Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding pricing tables, I've researched plugins extensively and the best I can tell is they are not good.

Can Woothemes Management set some realistic expectations on this planned feature?

I realize Woo is busy and it's hard to forecast when things will be released but realistic expectations (good or bad) can help us plan our work and is important. Is there a Canvas roadmap anywhere?

It looks like this idea was proposed 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.

• MotoDCMotoDC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1!! Looking to add a pricing table, and looks like I'll have to code this by hand. Short codes like these would be vary useful! Perhaps a separate plugin sale?

• TheSenatorTheSenator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pricing tables seem to be the "norm" with other WordPress theme developers. A pricing table should have various formats and a shortcode to go with it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base