General Ideas

Got a WooCommerce idea? We have a separate forum for WooCommerce.

How can we improve WooThemes?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Monitor customer coupon usage

Hi, we offer many types of coupon to different customers. However i notice that there are limitation to who uses which coupons.

Hence it will be great if i can monitor who have used the coupons that we issued to them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow Multiple Plugins / Child-Themes to Add Theme Options

Reference this article: http://support.woothemes.com/entries/22521107-Customizing-theme-options-through-a-child-theme?flash_digest=de2105f89758d8b2ecf4735cfe3b303d9dde25c9

The current method works fine for a single child-theme or plugin. When multiple independent plugins each define function: woo_options_add() the site crashes.

A better design - maybe using hooks - would resolve the potential conflict issue.

Also reference: http://support.woothemes.com/requests/169437#/satisfaction

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  WooFramework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Subscriptions - Recurring payments option for clients

It would be very nice if there was an option at checkout page to allow a client decide whether he prefers to activate recurring payments or not.

0 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Woocommerce Cart (Save Gravity Forms Options)

I noticed that there was no way to EDIT any of the GRAVITY FORMS OPTIONS once viewing the WooCommerce cart....for example - say customer changes his mind while viewing the cart - wants a different color of frame for art print (I sell art prints btw) - clicking on the cart thumbnail sends you back to the single product page with DEFAULT values (NONE of of the GRAVITY FORMS OPTIONS previously chosen show up) - my idea / suggestion - allow the options to be repopulated upon revisiting the single product page - just makes sense to me from usability…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Send customer order confirmation emails after an initially failed payment attempt

Currently if a customer's attempt to checkout fails due to a payment error, and they decide to reattempt payment with the 'pay order' function (available from my account or from the failed payment page), they are not sent an order confirmation email.

This is particularly an issue when there are downloadable products.

Suggest adding the following triggers to class-wc-email-customer-processing-order.php:

add_action( 'woocommerce_order_status_failed_to_processing_notification', array( $this, 'trigger' ) );
            add_action( 'woocommerce_order_status_failed_to_on-hold_notification', array( $this, 'trigger' ) );

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • You should provide a simple child theme for Canvas. The tutorial located on this site doesn't generate a functional child theme.

You should provide a simple child theme for Canvas. As simple as it's supposed to be, the tutorial located on this site doesn't generate a functional Canvas child theme. Canvas is one of your premiere themes, users shouldn't be required to pay for custom programming for a child theme.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • It would be useful if you could have the option of a round corner box background just in the content area in full width option

Currently you offer a boxed theme option, but this doesn't work with the full width style in Canvas. What would be useful is to have an option that allows us to add a boxed content background when in full width that can be shown with or without a shadow as well.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Newsletters - WooCommerce Subscribers

We developed a free extension plugin to link up WooCommerce plugin with our premium Newsletter plugin.

After contacting WooThemes support, they suggested that I post it here on the ideas board and if people like it, they might list it on their site.

It captures email/newsletter subscribers from the WooCommerce plugin checkout procedure into the Newsletter plugin.

See it here: http://tribulant.com/extensions/view/42/woocommerce-subscribers

Let me know if you have any questions.

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Add a metabox listing categories and tags so that a user can list only specific posts on a page.

When creating sites, clients often want several types of pages that show specific posts with a tag or category. For example, in the past I have been asked for:

- A 'News' page which only lists posts with the category 'News'
                    - A 'Jobs / Vacancies / Volunteering’s' page which only lists posts with the category 'Jobs'.
                    - A ‘Case Studies’ page which only lists posts with the category ‘Case.

I have seen other themes a meta box within the page edit screen, where the user can tick select an option to show posts after the content. The posts are…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Hello, i have several questions for this plugin. Is this plugin or theme allow us to sell video streaming? Not video downloading but video s

Hello, i have several questions for this plugin. Is this plugin or theme allow us to sell video streaming? Not video downloading but video streaming as in pay per view or pay per watch? Not subscription. Just pay and then watch a video? I would also want to know if my customers would know that I use this plugin. Thanks.

Teno

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Option to adjust the Business sliders hight in theme options.

Please give back the Option to adjust the Business sliders hight in theme options. Now we are stuck with a fixed hight and so far the custom code to overwrite the fixed hight does not work. Why was this great option taken out of the themes options I wonder?

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Smart Coupons - Additional Filter Types

Currently the Smart Coupons extension only allows inclusions and exclusions at the product and category levels. Depending on your setup, categories may not be a useful filter. Per product can be limiting or at least extremely time consuming if a coupon is meant to apply to many products.

A very useful addition, especially when generating large numbers of unique codes, would be inclusion/exclusion based off of things like tags, types (standard/digital/virtual/etc), and shipping classes.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Subscription: Free trail without cc needed; ask for creditcard/paypal when free trail ends, not upfront

I'm using WooCommerce and Subscriptions to sell access to premium content. Currently its configured with a 30-day free trial. So users sign up, enter their credit card, and as long as they don't cancel before the end of the trial, we ping them.

I'd like to move the credit card entry to the end of the free trial. In other words, people would sign up, have access for 30 days, then have to enter their card to continue getting access. Is this an easy thing to do in WooCommerce, or do I need to do some work outside of WooCommerce…

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Woocommerce failed transaction notification or Redsys Gateway Improvement (Client info)

There's one tricky issue about online payments that are cancelled or do not end up succesfully: no info concerned which client failed to pay is transmitted to the shop so it's not possible to know which client did try to order something and failed to.
                              One way to solve that (among others) would be to to make customers fill the ""Ds_Merchant_Titular" field on the Redsys gateway so at least the client's name is sent to the credit card control panel and therefore to the shop tenant. That's not ideal since credit card owner may be different to the actual client's…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Purchase all Variations

When using variable products within WooCommerce it would be useful to have an option to 'buy all' variations.

Though not useful for many kinds of variable products (like small, medium and large for example), I'm currently using this method to set up a series of dates for a single event. Bundling those variations works but is not the easiest for my client to handle as they have to repeat the product and then determine the variation. Not only that but it means setting the 'bundle' up as a separate product.

The ideal scenario would be to simply add a variation…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Cost of Goods - Per order cost adjustments

Cost of Goods per order, allow us to adjust the costs per order as sometimes we charge a little more or less for shipping and also can help with those the import products and deal with currency exchange rates where costs change all the time.

Allowing to adjust the costs on a per order basis allows for more accurate reporting and flexibility.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Call to Action shortcode or content area for Canvas

Please add a 'Promotional Banner Module' as seen in Hustle [http://demo2.woothemes.com/?name=hustle] for Canvas. With that, the ability to order, reorder modules. That would be WOO-tastic! Thank you for your consideration :)

45 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Only allow the purchase of a digital download once, or at least notify user they have already purchased this item

It doesn't make sense in most cases for a customer to purchase a digital download twice, I would love an option that would limit the customer from downloading a digital product more than once, or notify them that the item has already been purchased.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Updating the social media icons for the footer widget

The social media icons are a bit outdated (e.g., they don't have the newer, flat look).

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Components  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Improving the UX for non-developers

I want to ask if there is any way that in future releases, you can make the framework even more customizable without going into the CSS and changing it (e.g., something as simple as allowing for the e-mail in the footer widget menu to come above the phone number, or the ability to add Twitter to that same menu).

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base