General Ideas

Got a WooCommerce idea? We have a separate forum for WooCommerce.

How can we improve WooThemes?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Testimonials - random rotatation - enhance testimonial freshness

For the testimonials plug in it would be great to have the option for the testimonials to rotate randomly when the page is refreshed

For example

I have set up 9 testimonials and set to display 3 maximum, I'd like those to change so that when a customer goes through the site they are seeing different testimonials as they look at different product pages.

My testimonials are generic about our holidays rather than focussed on one holiday (product)

Currently the only way to do this is to set up a new widget area for every product page and specify a…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 'Include' posts rather than 'Exclude' posts in magazine and business page templates

'Include' posts rather than 'Exclude' posts in magazine and business page templates options. Seems daft to only exclude posts from categories to be displayed. Especially when Cat_Id is hidden when using permlinks.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • layout landing pages Canvas

One thing that got me to like about the Canvas template is that it lacks a layout landing page. This is a good option to think about the fut

17 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • hfeed Warning: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.

Would be great if this could be fixed in future:

Warning: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.
          Warning: Missing required field “entry-title”.
          Warning: Missing required field “updated”.
          Warning: Missing required hCard “author”.

29 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            8 comments  ·  Theme Upgrades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • More out the box options - such as magazine layout for multiple categories,

It would be great if the Magazine layout for example could be used more that once without having to write hundres of lines of code.

I'd also like the ability to disable comments and post-meta from specific categories.

Some websites are more than just a blog but currently it seems very limited as to what can be done in Woothemes without a huge amount of custom code. Checkout Joomla's K2 see the options in there :)

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  WooFramework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Canvas Skins / Child Themes

Woothemes has alienated many customers using industry-specific themes that are "no longer popular".

I recommend that you first create a new Canvas "skin" that is similar to the old theme before sunsetting the old theme. This way your customers at least have a option vs. you just shutting down support for a theme.

174 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                17 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are generally two issues with Canvas child themes which have prevented us from going down this route:

1. We’ll need to use a child theme, which means that you can’t use your own child theme, which will make it hard to update the child theme if you make modifications to it.

2. By applying custom styling in a child theme, we’d need to add functionality and styling beyond what is offered through the existing options panel, rendering many of the options inactive, since we need to override the existing options. This has the negative effect of disabling crucial parts of Canvas functionality.

We are obviously looking at ways around these issues, and we have some ideas which need to be processed properly.

• Photo proofing plugin

I could really use a photo proofing plugin and I know there is a lot of demand for this after searching for a long time. It should be possible for the photographers clients to log in and pick there favorites from a photo session and leave comments for the retoucher. The possibility to pay for a selection to print or download the files.

27 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Banner Ads: Automatic for the Advertiser

At the moment I'm using an advert plugin that is quite simple to use. It generates shortcode for insertion into a text box widget, and has a backbone within which we can load ad artwork that will appear in the text widget. We can assign random rotation or other order. This is made by datafeedr: http://wordpress.org/plugins/ads-by-datafeedrcom/

What would be supremely useful to someone like myself (and anyone, I suppose, accepting banner advertising on their site), would be this kind of functionality with the following features:

1) Subscriptions at various insertion rates: the advertiser would be able to pay for their…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • "portfolio widget"

Create a portfolio widget that can call and show recent or filtered portfolio items on the widgetized home page or widget page in Canvas. Similar to the Recent Works option in PixelPress.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • THEME DEMOS: Visually Show Widget Areas

It would be nice if you could include a visual of the widget areas under the FEATURES menu on the demo themes. Thatt way we can instantly see what options the theme buyer has to work with.

Example (from another theme): http://forsaleinaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/widget-areas.png

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Make prettyPhoto lightbox work with wordpress > 3.5 gallery

When you activate PrettyPhoto lighbox script under "Dynamic Images > Thumbnail Settings" it does not work on WP 3.5 image galleries. It would be great if you could fix that, otherwise one needs to install an additional lightbox scripts which bloats up the website.

37 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  WooFramework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Flexible flexslider and more flexible pages

I would like to see the flexslider on more templates. For instance, when presenting a product, I want a slider, where I can have image and text side by side with a list of thumbnails beneath. (No text in the thumbnails).
                          The slider as it is used on a single product uses too much place for thumbnails, and it is to timeconsuming to get html into the slider beside the picture.
                          I like to use up to 10-15 detail images on a product, whic each must have an explaining text.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Components  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Centralised localization repository

I'm having a hard time translating and maintaining some translations of themes and plugins.
                            Can we create public (or private) groups to translate woo products?
                            Theres some sites (poeditor.com and https://www.transifex.com) to manage all the translations

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  WooFramework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Remove license system in place of Woo Login

The current license system is unmanagable for those of us with multiple sites and multiple extensions. Couldn't you have one single license key for my woo account. I could enter this on each WP install and then you could determine the license bought for each plugin.

I could then manage my multiple sites from one single instance.

The current system is not ideal. Say I have twenty sites with a dozen woo
                              plugins = not going to use the license system.

Another consideration is that we build sites on our staging server. Even though we may buy a single license,…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Theme Upgrades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Improve the WooFramework to be more child-theme friendly

I would really like to improve the woo framework more child-theme friendly. My first Suggestion is to add a filter to the stylesheet reader function in theme-options.php, so that child theme developers could change the directory where woo framework is looking for it styles. While doing so, child-theme developers could stay to best practice and create a folder "styles" in the child-theme directory and creae their own set of styles which then be selectable via theme-option panel in the backend.

//Stylesheets Reader
                                $alt_stylesheet_path = get_template_directory() . '/styles/';

In this way child themes authors should be able to hook in via…

29 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  WooFramework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Having a theme designed around theatre would be useful. Seat selection purchasing and sliders upcoming events etc..

A theme based around the idea of being able to showcase upcoming events, and event cal, sell tickets with a diagram of seating and purchase tickets via seats then showing them as reserved for other coming to purchase, etc. Trailers of upcoming events,

14 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Enable WooFramework to select your child-themes alternative colors in WooOptions

WooThemes recommend to use child-themes to customize themes. Most of your themes offer to select your themes alternative color scheme in Theme Options.

You could create your own /style folder with alternative colors in the child-themes directory, however WooFramework will not recognize your custom stylesheets.

I guess it should be pretty simple to code this kind of check it into the woo_output_alt_stylesheet function in functions/admin-setup.php

This would make child-themes even more reasonable! Thanks guys!

18 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      4 comments  ·  WooFramework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Canvas: In post grid add an option to change the excerpt font style

For the Magazine Template on Canvas in the Post Grid add an option to change the excerpt Post/Page Text Font Style for the grid. Right now you can only change the Post Title Font Style.

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • A theme having fixed width sidebars with fluid main content, but still responsive.

When we have a fixed width image Ad (for example ) in a sidebar, it gets cut off when the screen width gets smaller. Can we have sidebars that stay at some configurable width while the middle part automatically expands to fill the remaining available space. Ideally the sidebars would "jump" down below the content for tablet or phone size screen if there was not enough room to show it.

You'd think this would be a common need since amazon and adsense ads are a fixed width.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Portfolio page templates for the latest theme releases

The latest themes rock. Great design & features, but none of the last four have portfolio page templates.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 2 9 11 13 18 19
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base