How can we improve WooThemes?

Font Icons Support in WooThemes and/or Woo Theme Framework

In the latest version of Canvas (5.10), the developers replaced some images with icon fonts (from FontAwesome) and by doing included elements of FontAwsome's open-source icon font infrastructure in the theme files.

I assumed that meant that I could use other font icons in my theme but it was not the case.

Here is why:

"We load the font files but not the css. We write our own styles to use the icons we need in the theme.

If the user wants to use the markup given in that article to display icons they will need to enqueue that stylesheet in their child theme or just paste it in to their css file."

I would like to propose that font icon support is included in all future themes as it infinite increases the flexibility/power of themes and makes those theme look even better on new Retina displays

As an temporary measure, I have been added a remotely-hosted icon font library (http://weloveiconfonts.com/) to my themes, which is working great.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dale WrightDale Wright shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! totally agreed, just spent hours trying to figure out how to leverage the fontawesome icons in my canvas header.....still dont have a solution.....this should not be complex to give us short codes for them since the are being used in subscribe and connect.....please!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base