How can we improve WooThemes?

Support for retina displays

Update popular themes (e.g. canvas) to include high resolution images to take advantage of Apples new retina display on the new iPad, iPhone and Macbool Pro.

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dale WrightDale Wright shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Ryan RayAdminRyan Ray (Admin, WooThemes) responded  · 

Canvas should be fully retina ready, using icon fonts and simple colors instead of images.

Our newer themes are made with high density displays in mind!

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank McClungFrank McClung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ryan, could you please elaborate on how canvas is "should be fully retina ready"? Using icon fonts (note the fontawesome icons included in canvas are out of date...they've reformatted it in the newest version...and this type of functionality should be left to a plugin anyway not in canvas native) and simple colors isn't really the issue. It's how canvas handles images. Take for example the logo upload field in Canvas. There isn't a way to also upload a retina version of the logo. I think that this needs to be reopened.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is a must, this is something that I need. As an artist I like to show fine clear images. WP Retina does a good job.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one want to build a website which is not Retina ready anymore.. This is a MUST, i can't stand looking at my own webpage...

• Jamie PhelpsJamie Phelps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important. It would be great to respect the @2x naming convention and use -webkit-image-set() and friends to support hidpi graphics for backgrounds at least.

• zoharzohar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should work on all lastest themes (e.g. Whitelight)

Plugins like 'WP Retina 2x' are doing an excellent work for posts, but not for dynamically generated images.

Feedback and Knowledge Base