How can we improve WooThemes?

Make the Column Shortcode Responsive

Whitelight is a responsive theme, but if you combine it will the column shortcodes it will not be responsive anymore. Those columns are based on %s, but I imagine it would be easy to say, after a certain width, they become full page width.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PatrickPatrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris SperandioChris Sperandio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a MUST. yes we can configure this with custom CSS relatively easily... but we definitely shouldn't have to.

• HelmsHelms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Seth. I use the latest version of Canvas which claims to be responsive, and it is until you use the provided shortcode columns. A theme should be responsive using all the tools Woo provides, otherwise note that responsive theme breaks if using column shortcodes. This should not even require a vote, it should just be made to work that way. All users using responsive themes are expecting that.

• Seth LongSeth Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see the columns begin to stack as the screen narrows. Each column would then be 100% and stacked vertically on a vertical phone screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base