How can we improve WooThemes?

add spam protection to the contact form

the contact form needs a captcha or some other form of simple spam protection - I had to remove the contact form as only 1 in probably 100 messages was genuine, and it was flooding my inbox

311 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Everton BlairEverton Blair shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: captcha for contact page template.  ·   · 

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used GSA-Captcha breaker as an SEO before and can tell you it's around 65% successful with re-Capchta and 100% successful with the rest of different kinds of captchas. so re-Captcha is definitely the best option. Although that won't stop GSA and captcha service users. It should stop a bulk of the cheap spammy SEO's though.

• SebastianSebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I interpreting/doing something horribly wrong here, or is the CAPTCHA on the contact form template ALWAYS "Solve 3+6"?

If so, that seems rather useless to me.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Captcha is working fine on te contact template, is there an option to get it right on the contact shortcode. I hope there is an option because i need the featured slider above my contact page.

any update on this magnus? the captcha works fine on the contact template but not on the contact shortcode

Using canvas 5.5.5 although I am unable to see a captcha form or functionality for enabling a captcha form.

Lots of spam! any help/?

Canvas 5.4.0 CAPTCHA, found it, was using the shortcode now using the template and CAPTCHA has appeard!

• Frank SwiftFrank Swift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those using Jetpack I find the contact form module is adequate if you're looking to keep the plugin count to a minimum. It utilizes Akismet spam and seems to work fairly well.

• Frank SwiftFrank Swift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen some themes are able to draw on Akismet spam to for contact form protection. Not sure why Woothemes can't do the same here, and this is a missing feature that's been under review for what, almost two years now?

• Eugene MolariEugene Molari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can finally give up. I was convinced that WooThemes had an in-built captcha for the native contact form, I was wrong :/ I'd love to see something integrated like the Captcha plugin by BestWebSoft, minimal, simple, easy, cool, no-fuss, plain and off you go. I hope it goes through, WooThemes is awesome and it deserve something like that.
        Eugene

• Marius LombaardMarius Lombaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i must agree with the minteye idea. some captchas are terribly hard to work with. some are simpler though. but many of them are so difficult, they keep rejecting your input. a captcha alternative like this is a smart way of keeping the security without requiring keyboard input.

• Marius LombaardMarius Lombaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Magnus,

Since this is under review, please include the captcha on the comment form. nip in the bud, I say.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base