How can we improve WooThemes?

Statua Updates, Widgets, Tags, Excerpts

This was originally posted in the Statua Forum. I was asked to move it here. Most of these are issues that were mentioned early on at the initial release. The theme has a lot of potential but it feels more like a blog with photos than a photo gallery with an optional blog.
Just my Opinion.

Hi,
Wondering if any of the following are possible inclusions in future versions?

Widgets that are Photo oriented.
Tags for Photos
Excerpts for Photos
Ability to Include/Exclude Galleries/Photo Tags on pages using Layouts A, B or C
Control height of layout A to avoid jumping between Landscape - Portrait orientation.
Option to continue Photos or Posts under the slider on Layout pages (Like Canvas Magazine page)
Thanks Richard

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RichardRichard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AustinAustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea - definitely having some photo orientated widgets makes sense! Boast and (I think) some other WooThemes have gallery widgets - but not the dedicated photography theme.

Also the ability to include / exclude galleries makes a lot of sense to me. A site I am working on has 'featured' photos on the home page - to only show these photos I had to play around with the post dates / max number of photos displaying per gallery. Some other non-Woo themes I have used implemented this in the form of a featured gallery for the home page where only photos tagged with featured showed up.

Also strongly agree with control height of layout A re landscape portrait. I don't think this looks good, the option to have a fixed width / height for this makes a lot of sense. ie if landscape photos are 900 px (wide) x 500 px (height), then portrait photos should be max 500px height.

Feedback and Knowledge Base