How can we improve WooThemes?

Add an import function to Listings

It would be awesome to be able to bulk import post data (eg. from CSV, etc) to Listings, including custom fields.

144 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dazildazil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do find it amazing that this *basic* feature is missing from a theme which has a fundamental focus on databases. I hope a solution can be created soon as it would plug a gaping void in what is otherwise an extremely good theme!

• SandraSandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have the import function, too. I see the last comment is from a month ago.
        Any news? Or Solutions?

Thanks for any responses.

• Jason FazioJason Fazio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still can't believe that this hasn't been completed yet. Without this feature, Listings is really hard to get started with if you already have an established database. I don't understand why WooThemes hasn't implemented a solution.

The time spent answering all the feeds I have read regarding this equals a great amount of employee time wasted. Instead of them answering the threads, why wouldn't they spend that time working on the solution? It just doesn't make sense.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make an already outstanding theme absolutely perfect. I have several thousands of records that I need to be searchable from the front end, and if Listings had a mass-upload feature it would be exactly what I'm looking for!

• Timm CuzzoTimm Cuzzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature...almost a necessary for a listing site with a good size directory. One by one can be very time consuming.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without bulk data import it's quite difficult to generate long listings from existent data. :-(

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? I really like the Listings theme and I just bought it but unfortunately without a bulk-edit function it useless for me .. at least for now.

• Jeff HendricksonJeff Hendrickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to import db exports from other major directory scripts would be awesome, in particular from nicecoder's indexu, PHPLD, etc.

Or possibly a function that would allow you to map your uploaded database to this theme.

• JayBJayB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any mechanism to accept a csv dump would open up Listings for big things!

• RoslynRoslyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just completed a site with the listings theme that is going to have thousands of listings so this feature would be brilliant! Ecwid has a nice way to do this. You upload a csv file, either tab or comma delimited. It then determines the columns and lists them with a drop down box next to each that lets you pick which field (or custom fields) the data must be added to. This only works as a once off import (you can not add data to existing listings), but it at least makes the initial upload easier and faster.

• Vince LaMonicaVince LaMonica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Paul on this one. I'm in the midst of adapting Listings [before the bookclub child theme was released] to serve as a front end for my Amazon Marketplace storefront. I use software on my Mac [Bookpedia and a custom app i wrote] to do inventory/order management for me, and both solutions export CSV, so using/automating a CSV dump into MySQL or via a Woo frontend interface would rock. I've been working on doing it via MySQL since I can fully automate it via cron, but I have another use for Listings that might make using a Woo frontend import feature just as useful.

• maninthevanmaninthevan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the import to be conducted based on the structure of the completed content type(s). New data could be appended to existing data unless a flag is set to overwrite it. Allowing the user to export to a csv based on the existing structure and manually entered data would provide the csv template for the imports.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base