How can we improve WooThemes?

integrate eccommerce functionality with "listings" theme

why would you have a theme that allows for classified ads, buying and selling when you don't offer easy integration with payment services for uploading products and for buyers to pay sellers? it seems like you're missing the boat and it should be an easy fix

166 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shanehvizdzakshanehvizdzak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    gloss mediagloss media shared a merged idea: add the following functions to the Listings theme  ·   · 
    declined  ·  Ryan RayAdminRyan Ray (Admin, WooThemes) responded  · 

It would be better suited to take the functionality of Listings into a plugin and integrate WooCommerce functionality.

There are many ways to create directories via plugins now, we’d just need to have them build WooCommerce integration into them as well. :)

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ian ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been putting off a project for a while waiting to find time for me to work this one out. Adding it will leave me with no excuses.

Even so please add subscriptions and one off payments

• Tom HarkmanTom Harkman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any website I implement with the current Listings theme is going to use workarounds to accept payments, therefore I really think this would be helpful. Listings would become THE premiere directory theme!! Also, at this price point, it really should have this feature to begin with.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on integrating ecommerce? Users need to be able to upload and PAY for listings.

• PoyelPoyel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Woocommerce pages are included into the listings dummy content. Why is that when it's been so long that nothing has happened with the listings theme?

• TheresaTheresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be really good if people could pay for an enhanced listing that goes above/before free listing.

• TinaTina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned in a support topic, WooThemes is looking at two streams for listings.

1) Have users submit paid listings to the site

2) Have each listing be a product that can be purchased

My votes are for #2. Really, really looking forward to this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base