How can we improve WooThemes?

Mega Menus

I would love the ability to add Mega Menus to themes, whether that be a new part of the framework or a new plugin.

By Mega Menu, I'm referring to the larger, expanded menus that allow for the multiple columns to pop up during roll over and the insertion of HTML items (images, etc).

For a direct application, I think Listings is a great first install. Being a directory theme, it that will most likely display LOTS of subcategories and a Mega Menu would make this much more manageable.

549 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GarrettGarrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LarinaLarina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be absolutely wonderful! It would be a VERY useful plugin and I would definitely purchase it. Some of the top websites (Amazon, Staples, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.) have this feature. I think it would also be great if the mega menu worked for top menu navigation, as well as sidebar categories. That would be AWESOME!! Oh, I so hope this comes to fruition. Thanks for considering this Woo!! :D

• JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any further update on this? It wasn't on your radar back in September last year but hopefully will be now! Many e-commerce stores use mega menus these days and it's a shame Woothemes don't offer this feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree i have been waiting for this for ages . Woo promised this was in the pipeline ages ago. how many people havent even seen this last post and are just holding out for it to appear. come om guys - listen to what your customers want.

• Emyr ThomasEmyr Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update from Woo team on this please? Just let us know if you're cancelling on this - thanks!

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, and it's a shame, but their current business model would probably develop this as a paid plugin solution, and as UberMenu is well established, very compatible, and only costs about $20, I can perhaps see why they're dragging their heels. Their plugin pricing is quite expensive compared to the CodeCanyon offerings.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you guys are building this, please keep accessibility in mind. This is where ubermenus drops the ball. Government, Educational and other such institutes in the USA are just shy of being required to have sites that are accessibile. Not being able to tab through the primary navigation is a problem. A bonus would be to be able to have tab activate the dropdown so you can tab through links in each section. Just a thought.

• DeepTitanicDeepTitanic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uber menu costs $16 ... hardly a ripoff! but then a mega menu is important to ecommerce (imo) so I imagine woo would defo have an interest in this.

• Jason FazioJason Fazio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome, if it was incorporated. The difference between this and UberMenu would be that this would be free.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base