How can we improve Sensei by WooThemes?

Student Note-Taking

I would like to have an option for students to take notes while they watch the lesson video. They would then be able to submit those notes as part of their coursework. Since I do regular notebook checks anyway I think this could streamline things some. Ideally, these notes would auto-backup to the database so they'd be restored if a user's browser crashed and they needed to return to the lesson. I've seen these note-taking features before on other websites, but I'm not sure how to add them to my site. You can print, email, or save the notes to your computer.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JonathanJonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathan ChiaNathan Chia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used WP Notepad for my LMS sites and feedback has been great (see below link, pls note its an affiliate link)

http://goo.gl/pn1K79

Its ajax-based with auto-saving so that students can take notes while they watch the lesson video uninterrupted.

You can also allow students to mark a lesson note as completed so that admin can view all completed notes for a specific lesson.

Feedback and Knowledge Base