How can we improve Sensei by WooThemes?

Make Sensei Certificates More Flexible With Additional Text Areas

The Sensei Certificates plugin is pretty cool. But it stops just short of being awesome. You're already got placeholders like {{learner}} to insert name, date, etc. So why call the text areas "Header", "Place", "Completion Date" etc? Why not just have an "Add New" button, that lets you add either a text field, or a text box (for paragraphs). You can then place that, just like you can now, where you want it. This way you can add as many text areas as you want/need, and can just use the placeholders, if you want a field to be/have the course title, or learner name. It just seems really strange that they're pre-labeled, but you don't have to use them for the things that they're pre-labeled. And also that you can't add more fields/boxes. Right now it's confusing because they say they're for the "course position" or whatever, but you can put a different placeholder in there and have it be something else entirely. Why not "line 1", "line 2", "paragraph 1", "paragraph 2" etc?

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tevya WashburnTevya Washburn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sean BrownSean Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a certified personal trainer, and actually have 4 certifications, all of them have "Certification" or "Credential" numbers. I'm not sure what role these numbers play, I'm guessing some kind of unique identifier in a registry, but more importantly, it seems like a requirement regardless.

• MatthewMatthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the certificates could be improved along these lines. If possible, it would be nice to be able to add additional fields as needed. My biggest problem is capturing user data (during checkout for example) then being able to display that data on the certificate itself. For example, license numbers, etc.

I've looked into having developers put this together but none have been successful so far.

Feedback and Knowledge Base