How can we improve WooSlider?

Customization options to change the look and better online documentation for non-professional web developers

I purchased four different sliders this week to test them all out. Other sliders like RivaSlider etc all have nice easy customization for changing the overall look of the slider. Things like changing or removing the padding, the border or drop-shadow etc etc.

Overall I've been less than impressed. It's the most expensive option that I purchased and in fact has the least options and by far the worse online documentation. Already I've had to contact support with tickets, and use Bountify to get someone else to help me with it. I needed none of those with the other options out there.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan CarrDan Carr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KeefusKeefus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen to all comments....I wish I had read the comments prior to purchasing this slider...

Oh, wait......you can't see the comments til you purchase

SNAP

• MadhavaMadhava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, one this one, there are not even tutorials how to customize simple changes.
        I am just new to web design but I like to know how to get the picture in the middle of the slider, how to get the slider in the middle and exact the same size as my navigation menu etc..
        45 dollars is very much for what woo slider offers. PLEASE HELP

• HeinzHeinz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CSS custumization through the Wordpress back office, YES, that would be great.
        I am looking since more than an hour for the right CSS file and code to change the bottom margin of the whole slider and haven’t found it. Also I like the left/right arrows not to slide out on the sides.

• jamiejamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree with you more, the "examples" that they show are highly customized on the back end and not as customizable thought the wordpress admin. For the price I expected much much more.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I so totally, unbelievable, entirely agree with you. I want to be able to change any CSS I like. The best slider I've come across to do this is Orbit but they've stopped developing it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base