How can we improve WooCommerce?

Improve multiple line items support in Zapier extension

Right now, you can't get multiple line items from a WooCommerce order into, for instance, a Xero invoice via Zapier.

It seems to be a limitation of the Zapier add-on for WooCommerce because Zapier-Xero integration does have this capability working with other source systems, such as Shopify and Magento.

https://zapier.com/help/xero/#multiple-line-items

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NickNick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick PettibonPatrick Pettibon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a nice upgrade. Right now I have to go through the order using my own code to separate out line items. It's a pain, and I suspect that many or most users would not go to the trouble of solving this issue on their own.

• jamesom4jamesom4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately this isn't possible to implement until the Zapier Developer platform is improved to support arrays (line items).

Some services (such as Xero/Shopify) are created by Zapier themselves (without using the Zapier Development platform), which is how they are able to implement line item handling.

When Zapier adds line item (array) support to their developer platform, then the WooCommerce Zapier extension will be updated to support it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base