How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add some actual functionality in iOS app

The just-released WooCommerce iOS app is nothing more than a UI shell to view basic product & order data. There is no actual store mgmt functionality built into the app - not even a way to add a note, or update an order status. This is at best a beta or RC release; V 0.8 would be a fair assessment, not V 1.0.

To make this truly worth the $5, I would suggest:

$1. Data-centric dashboard: Providing 3 filters is underwhelming. Adding ways to customize data views would be much more practical.

$2. Updating orders - Changing and order status, resending emails, adding a note...basic functionality that can be done from an order details screen in the dashboard should be included.

$3. Editing product data - inventory numbers, pricing, descriptions...editing basic product detail would be expected.

$4. Adding/editing orders/users.

$5: Stop extorting your dedicated development base 504% of the standard app price for a featureless shell until it comes along with some basic functionality. At the very least, clearly state that the app is a pretty "view only" interface with no actual store management ability built in.

I happily spent $700 on plugins last week alone, not to mention hundreds prior in plugins for my customers running on WooCommerce. I feel better about all those prior purchases than I do on the $4.99 for this "whatever-you-call it" app.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel McClintockDaniel McClintock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ryan RayAdminRyan Ray (Admin, WooThemes) responded  · 

These are great ideas and most are planned features, but not currently possible with the current integration of the REST API in WooCommerce. You can only read, or get, data from a WooCommerce store with the current API.

There is no way to update, edit, create, or save data.

Those features for the iOS or future planned Android app rely solely on WooCommerce’s full integration of the REST API. Which is again planned for future versions of WooCommerce.

Reading the post would have explained that, especially SkyVerge’s version here gives a better explanation I think. – https://www.skyverge.com/blog/woocommerce-ios-app/

The $5 for this app includes those future updates, a small cost that we feel is worth it for store owners that need mobile access to their store data.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current API now supports this, when will it support product/order updates.

• JericoJerico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, can we also add the option to display product prices with tax applied, so store owners can quickly refer to the IOS app for product prices.

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ryan, the current API seems to support editing/changing order status. Am I wrong?

How long is full integration expected to take?

Feedback and Knowledge Base