How can we improve WooCommerce?

2-way Google Calendar sync

Setting base availability within the extension is a good start, but many of us schedule our time using Google Calendar (for both personal and professional time commitments) so Bookings isn't an option unless it can limit availability based on real-time openings.

For the same reason, it's important that new appointments are also saved to Google Calendar. Thanks to their API and ubiquity, most scheduling and calendar-extension-type apps play with Google Calendar, so it serves as a central clearing house for all things scheduling; it needs to be current.

I'm not going into a lot of detail here, but several folks have provided more information and use cases:
https://www.woothemes.com/2014/05/time-to-sell-your-time/#comment-1092204
https://www.woothemes.com/2014/05/time-to-sell-your-time/#comment-1093697

121 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sarah LewisSarah Lewis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sguilliardsguilliard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on whether this will be considered? We have one-way sync (Woo -> GCal) so how much harder can it be to make it bi-directional? The APIs are all there etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be noe of the top priority functions for you guys to add ASAP. I love WooCommerce, Sensei and all your other plug-ins, but this would be a deal breaker!

GO WOOTHEMES

• LionelLionel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this functionality as well, so had a look around and found 'Appointments+' at WPMUDEV is has "Synchronizes with your Google Calendar account and automatically updates it" and is also cheaper

• Yosuke - online marketing consultant Yosuke - online marketing consultant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is super super important! Even thought WooCommerce and booking plugin are great extensions. It works bit slow in the situation which needs a quick response. I am trying to set up a booking application for my spa client. GCal integration is the key to tie up everything. Please add this must-to-have function!

• PhyllisPhyllis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is imperative. It would also fix the HUGE problem caused by the fact that Bookable Products don't share the calendar. So, if you're a solo act and offer more than one type of service with different lengths of time, if you set them up as different products, you can get double-booked because one product can't "see" that the other is already booked on the calendar. (Which is completely insane for a bookings system!)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I DESPERATELY NEED 2-WAY GOOGLE CAL SYNC!

Its been almost 2 years trying to find/build something where my customers can make an appointment via a web-based page/app and my staff and I can also use the regular calendar app on our iPhones and just manually put an appointment in, without having to worry about any double bookings.

You have no idea how important this feature would be to us!!!!

Thank you in advanced!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base