How can we improve WooCommerce?

Quantity for bookable products

It should be possible to add quantity to bookable products.

We are booking stage equipment. Currently the user can't select how many of the same product he or she wants.
What if they want to book/rent four microphones and two monitors?

Currently our customers are not able to rent two or more of the same product.
I know I can add resources, but we have dynamic pricing on all of our products.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stig ArneStig Arne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TylerTyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not use Person Types for microphones and monitors? You can label these fields whatever you want and assign different prices for them. The only thing is that they share a calendar, so not sure if that's an issue for you. Otherwise, there is no need for Quantity. In fact, I have asked WC to remove Quantity because I find it unnecessary and confusing!

• Pam BlizzardPam Blizzard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same need, as my client has a fleet of identical golf cars to rent. I was told by support to use the Persons function and that seems to be working, initially, as it will count down by bookings of "persons" and tell the shopper there are none left when they are all rented.

• Torey AzureTorey Azure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding resources doesn't work either, since it won't allow you to add more than one to your cart.

Seems this plugin really wasn't intended for rental products, but it is so close to be great for it.

Just need quantity and available inventory (which it seems like Resources would work fine for).

Feedback and Knowledge Base