How can we improve WooCommerce?

Ability to filter bookable products by date

Ability to filter bookable products by date. Enter e.g. from July 5 to July 8 and it would display only the products that are available for that period. See this example of a car rental site: http://santorinicarrentalonline.com
This could be implemented with a form (like the above example) or within Layered Navigation or both!

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    YannisYannis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First off, I appreciate all the hard work at Woo to enhance and add features to this plugin - some as the result of input/votes from members, so hopefully this particular suggestion garners enough support and attention by the Woo team to offer a viable solution.

I'm nearly complete with the development of a new site for a very large vacation property rental company (over 90 vacation homes) and their current (archaic, non-responsive) site has the ability to filter available properties based on a check-in and check-out date entered by a customer. Despite all the other cool bells and whistles I'm adding to their new site, lacking this one feature is a real kill-joy to all my nearly 300 hours of work building this complicated site.

I love all the filter options I've added to their new site and they love 'em too (categories, variables, and a product comparison), and I've been able to work around some other minor failings with this extension, but this is a huge defect in the extension design that I'm surprised was not discovered during whatever research the Woo designers did to match or exceed current options available out there.

As a footnote - even when customers manage to filter down to a few properties out of the 90+ available, they have to 'hope' that the few left in the filter results are available during the period they wish to book. Considering the average bookable night rental for any one of these properties is $250 USD a night, hopefully you can see how detrimental it is the possibility that a prospective customer is frustrated their vacation dates are foiled because they can't find the property that fits their requirements and it's not available...

Enough rambling....

HELP?

• LenaLena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer it being a calendar view as in the demonstration videos. When a filter is chosen, then the frontend calendar changes to only display the bookalbe products within that filter.

Filters could either be by bookable product or by category.

Really hope you will implement this soon, as it will have a huge impact on the user expereince.

• Pam BlizzardPam Blizzard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important when you are booking multiple persons or resources over a span of days.

Feedback and Knowledge Base