How can we improve WooCommerce?

Woocommerce bookings global resources

Lets say you have 4 members of staff. You have 20 products. Each member of staff can service any of the booked products and can handle 2 bookings per day. So across the 10 products a total of 8 bookings can be made per day. If there are 5 bookings on product 1, 2 bookings on product 5 and 1 booking on product 9 then no more bookings can be taken that day.

It would be extremely useful to be able to manage bookings in this way. Globally add your resources, be they staff members, rooms etc. You can set the times and days available per resources, so for each staff member you can add days worked, hours in the day, holidays etc. For available rooms you can add the availability of the room in the same way.

On each product you could now tick of the available resources for that product. So if you have a product that only 2 off your staff members can service you only tick off those 2 staff members for that product.

Additionally for each resources it would be outstanding to be able to add emails for email alerts. So each time a booking is made, the staff member that the booking is assigned to also gets an email. This cuts out the site admin having to alert each resource of their booking. It would also be possible to view bookings by resource.

Another powerful feature for global resources would to be to add some rules for resource booking priority. So if you had an outstanding staff member and a reasonable staff member you could weight them, so they amazing staff member would always get the bookings if available for that time slot before the less good staff member. Another way of setting priority would be based on location. You take the resources address and add it to the resources profile.When a customer makes a booking their address is taken and the resource that is closet to the customer gets the booking. So if you have a nationwide set of training rooms the customer is assigned the global resource, in this case a room, closet to their location. If you have a business that uses 50 freelances nation wide who need to visit customers for a booking, the closet available freelancer for each booking is automatically booked.

This would open up one hell of a lot of possibilities!

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TaiTai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, resources should be set up separately. They should have their own calendars where open and closed times can be set. Most other booking programs/ apps have this functionality and it really is key to it being workable. Also the feature of having a choice of colour coding each resource would be very handy. Each resource could be set up with a profile page where they could also be contacted should you require it with a notification email when they have received a new booking.

• sguilliardsguilliard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any ETA on when this might be available? I see the status now says 'planned', but when?

• Keven MarinKeven Marin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could add a wordpress user into persons ressources. It would also require global ressources booking (chair, plane, helicopter, etc)

• RodrigoRodrigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the most important thing is to really have a way to input resources (rooms, staff) and attributing services they can perform.

I think this is the rule number 1 for any booking systems.

Take a look on setmore.com / simplybook.me / or any other standard booking system. They all have that.

Little disappointed not having found that in the first version of the extension.

Any idea when that will be available?

Regards

Rodrigo

• MitchMitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Totally Could Use This - In Running A Computer Repair Service, Some On-Site Repairs For Installing RAM Take 1hr, Where An Operating System Install Takes Longer. The Ability To Have It So That Each Product Represented By A Booking Would Allot Itself Based On Staff Members And Knowing How Many Bookings In A Day Across products Would Be Phenomenal!

Great Idea!

Feedback and Knowledge Base