How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions support for Zapier Add-On - So failed billings, etc. can be added/removed from follow-up emails

Hi There!

We'd really like to see Subscriptions support in the Zapier Extension.

For anyone unfamiliar with it, Zapier is a very versatile service. It can perform actions on your behalf with MANY other services. For example, it can add a customer email to a specific MailChimp list based on a set of criteria, then can remove a person from that list and add them to another based on other criteria. VERY powerful.

All our orders are Subscriptions. When a monthly subscription billing fails, we’d like to add that customer email to the MailChimp “payment failed, please update your account” list to follow up with them.

Then, when the payment is updated and subscription re-activated, Zapier would allow us to remove them from that list automatically.

Similarly, when a new subscription is created by a customer, we’d like to add them to the customer MailChimp list, and remove them from it if/when they cancel.

Above are just a few of the examples of actions possible with Zapier. For reference, here’s the link to the WooCommerce Zapier Extension page for more possible uses:
http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-zapier/

And here’s the WooCommerce Zapier extension website with example “filters”: http://wczap.com/filters/

Thanks!

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan BaritchiDan Baritchi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ekunaekuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey James,

Just jumping in to echo what Dan is requesting. Of course, without testing, it might be as simple as using the subscription billing period and interval to gain this information.

We'd have the same case as he described with a monthly and yearly variation of a subscription, with the exception that we would be going to a different endpoint than ActiveCampaign.

Also, echoing the same offer to help with beta testing or talking offline if you need more specifics.

We appreciate the effort here, this will help tremendously.

Thanks,

-Erik

• Dan BaritchiDan Baritchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey James, that's great!

Regarding the order fields that come across as an array... maybe i'm confused or missing something, but I'm not quite seeing how this works. :)

Specifically, it's very important for us to be able to get the details of the variable subscription - specifically, the SKU of the variation purchased - as an individual usable field so we can add it to ActiveCampaign as a tag.

That's the only way we have to differentiate our subscribers between monthly and yearly plan, they have a different SKU on the variable subscription they purchase so that's quite huge for us.

Please advise if i'm just missing how to do that. :)

BTW happy to discuss offline or help with beta testing if needed as well, let me know.

Thanks!
        Dan

• jamesom4jamesom4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dan Baritchi,

Thank you for your feedback!

The subscriptions-specific fields that have been added so far are:
        - subscription start date
        - subscription trial end date
        - subscription next payment date
        - subscription end date
        - subscription last payment date
        - subscription billing period
        - subscription billing interval

Plus all of the standard "Orders" fields that we already support here (https://docs.woothemes.com/document/woocommerce-zapier/#section-8).

The subscription line items are currently being sent in an array format (just like the Order line items are currently being sent).

I'll look into the feasibility of adding the "total number of successful renewals" and the "total billed to date" fields as well.

James

Hey James!

Awesome, very excited to see this happening!

Please add product information for variable subscription orders including SKU, category, tags. Specifically, SKU of the subscription product AND SKU of the variation purchased as individual fields that can be used in Zapier and transmitted to ActiveCampaign - so that we can communicate with the customer based on which variation they purchased (i.e. monthly vs yearly subscriptions).

Also, Next Billing Date for the subscription is huge - so that we can send a reminder email for yearly renewals for example.

Also Total Number of Successful Renewals (not pending or whatever) and Total Number Billed To Date for the customer (successful billings only) - so that we can provide offers to our best customers

Thanks!
        Dan

Hi everyone,

Here is a preview of the trigger events that are going to be supported in the upcoming release:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/k3zcmn317l5k5aq/wc-zapier-triggers.png

This new version will mean that store owners will be able to do something in Zapier when:

- a subscription is created
        - a subscription is renewed
        - a subscription renewal payment fails
        - a subscription status changes (for example, a subscription is suspended or a subscription is cancelled).

I'd love to get some feedback from you all to find out if these 4 events will cover all of your uses cases, and whether there are any other Subscriptions-related events that you think would be useful.

James

@jamesom4 that's great to hear. can you give us a rough idea on the eta for this next version with Subscriptions support? and will it include the subscriptions lifecycle status options, i.e. activated, on hold, cancelled?
        Thanks!

• CubanoCubano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For years I've been coming back to this page hoping to see some involvement from WooThemes and hoping it gets the attention it needs. This is huge and we need it now. When are you going to develop this?

• ekunaekuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jamesom4- That's awesome news! We really could use this functionality and hope that the new release will support it. Thanks.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently reviewing all of the feedback in this ideas thread and we are actively working on adding WooCommerce Subscriptions support to the WooCommerce Zapier extension.
        At this stage, we anticipate Subscriptions support being included in the next release of the WooCommerce Zapier extension.
        Thank you very much for your patience.

• shawnholtshawnholt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many people are missing the point here. Rather than zaps on orders, we need zaps on subscriptions. They are TOTALLY Different (although objects look the same.) Need to know when subscription status changes (renewals, etc.), able to sync type of sub, get variation and other details.

FYI if you're using ActiveCampaign there's a new plugin that supports it directly from WooCommerce - called ActiveWoo - we've been waiting for an update here on Subscriptions support for a long time with no news so we are currently in the process of migrating to that plugin to replace this Woo Zapier add-on.

@Andron WooCommerce with Subscriptions is awesome - we use it on a large scale with many new and active rebilling subscriptions. This plugin however is sadly lacking BECAUSE of no subscriptions support - so we will no longer be using it. Workign with orders only has been very clumsy for us... and frankly it's a surprising there is no Subscriptions support STILL considering what a significant add-on Subscriptions is for WooCommerce.

• AndronAndron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the news on this? This would be a tremendously valuable feature. Currently trying to decide between using WooCommerce Subscriptions and another option, and if this integrated it would make life much easier.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have an update on this - unless you have any other suggested methods to add/remove customers to MailChimp if they have cancelled? Much appreciated.

I'd really love to see this functionality kick in as we have Zapier pulling all of our orders and customers into Salesforce, but I just realized that it's skipping all of the renewal orders created by Subscriptions which makes for a major hassle. Any progress?

Guys, any update on this?

In addition to the items above/below, we're trying to intercept cancellations (i.e. to remove the cancelled customer from your customers email list) but checking for order status "cancelled" is not doing anything, cancellations are not triggering zaps - I suspect that's because subscriptions have grown into their own and are no longer treated as an addition to plain orders..

I also see the plugin hasn't had an update since early in the year - is this extension still being actively maintained?

Thanks!

If you're trying to integrate Woocommmrce Subscriptions with Zapier you can use the webhook function that is built into Woocommerce core. Just set up the webhooks you need in Woo and Zapier will be able to pick them up. No need for bloat with another plugin.

You can then use a Zapier delay trigger to filter in Zapier if you need. Perfect for Woo Sub failed payments.

• Brian SparksBrian Sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just for clarification, Zapier does not integrate with Subscriptions means what?

@Ryan Oelke, or anyone else, may know if:
        1. If a recurring order goes through, is Zapier called?
        2. If a recurring order fails, is Zapier called?

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Category - External Product/Service Integrations

Feedback and Knowledge Base