How can we improve WooCommerce?

Import license keys with Software Add-on extension

Many customers ask if the Software Add-on extension supports importing your own license keys. At this time it does not.

This is a request to add a feature that would allow customers to import their own license keys.

If this is a feature addition you would be interested in seeing, please help vote on this idea or leave a comment to be updated on progress here.

274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MariaAdminMaria (Admin, WooThemes) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VictorVictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Patrick, We just bought it, but we cant find any place where we can import our serial numbers. PS- we dont want to use your api, we just need that the plugin sent the serial number to the clients when they purchase our product.

• ThorbenThorben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

i will selling a service not a Software with the Software Add-On. The Codes who be generated automatic send by Email on Costumers Payment. The Codes for all my product (8-20) are just Simple Codes like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

When the Code is sold, it is automaticly ACTIVATED. After my Costumer is using my service i will DEACTIVATED the Code manual. The best way with one klick or what else.

Is this possible with the WooThemes Software Add-ON?

Greetz
        Thorben

• HansHans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Patrick,
        Good to hear that it was completed in 1.6. However, the description page and docs still say that it's not possible. Will the docs be updated soon?

Judging by the changelog you've added a CSV importer. While that matches this idea's description, like others I'd like to have it automatically fetch new keys from my external license server (which has more sophisticated hardware fingerprint based activation). Perhaps I should post it as a "new idea."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider the functionality where you can not only add a list of keys, but automatically have them generated from an external script. See FastSpring who do this functionality.

Seriously - this has been on the wishlist for ages!!! Please add it - it's fundamental for software licensing.

I would buy this if I could use my own license keys.
        It should be fairly easy to implement, as an addition to your generating keys and lock, if your design is sound.

• KarstenKarsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with 2 scenarios, both not covered here:

I am selling Filemaker databases, for which I have an offline license creator with its own logic. For this I need to be able to manually add names and passwords.

I am reselling software which comes with personalized download links from another system. I need to add support IDs plus the unique and personal download link to each product.

Still evaluating options to cover this both secure and simple for the customer.

• GriffinGriffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be helpful if we could potentially add multiple license keys per product as we have a single product that needs up to 8 license codes to go out with it.

• HansHans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also prefer to use an external licensing server that uses a hardware fingerprint to lock an activation to a specific machine. An API could be used to automatically get new license keys as each sale comes in.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use SoftwareKey.com's Protection Plus Professional, which ties the issuance of an unlock code to the internal serial number of the customer's computer. This prevents installation on multiple computers. Your system doesn't seem to do this, so we would like to see a function in your system where we could import our own Protection Plus Pro license keys.

roger@leadersoft.com

I just checked all comments and found out 1 year and sth has pasted.

It is a must have function so when will this be implemented?

Hello we recently purchased your software add-on for licenses. We have spent quite a bit of time and effort customizing your add on to suit our purposes. As a result, we should not and will not update your add on moving forward. We got an notification from Woocommerce recently stating that we need to run their Plug-in manager from now and that we need to pay for for the use of plug-in every year now. We are concerned that Plug-in manager will update your add on and as a result ruin the work we did to customize it - rendering making our licensing completely un-useable :-( Also, if in fact we have to now pay for your plug-in every year, then I can assure you that this was not made clear to us when we bought it :-( Please help to shed some light on all of this. I hope we simply reading the recent Woocommerce message about the Plug-in Manager wrong.

• TigzyTigzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have the possibility to call a php script that'll generate a new key and give it back.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base