How can we improve WooCommerce?

Import license keys with Software Add-on extension

Many customers ask if the Software Add-on extension supports importing your own license keys. At this time it does not.

This is a request to add a feature that would allow customers to import their own license keys.

If this is a feature addition you would be interested in seeing, please help vote on this idea or leave a comment to be updated on progress here.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MariaAdminMaria (Admin, WooThemes) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex KacAlex Kac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd specifically want to see it call a PHP extension for generating licenses based on name.

• DonDon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the need to import different pools of license keys for different classes we are selling. Class "A" would have one pool of keys and class "B", another pool of keys. so the ability to import keys would be extremely helpful.

• RuudRuud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, I sell licence keys from a sotware manufacturer. So, I have to use their licencekeys.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, my product generates the licence key based on the type of licence and the user's name and email address, so I need to be able to import the generated licence key for each sale. Random keys are no use to me.

• DimaDima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, in plugin woocommerce-software-add-on need fix code, since the new version woocommerce 2.2.8, activate not work.

File

class-wc-activation-request.php

// Validate order if set
        if ( $data->order_id ) {
        $order_status = wp_get_post_terms( $data->order_id, 'shop_order_status' );

if ( is_wp_error( $order_status ) ) {
        // For new version woocommerce
        $post_order = get_post( $data->order_id );
        $order_status = $post_order->post_status;
        if ( $order_status != 'wc-completed' ) {
        $no_activate = true;
        }
        } else {
        // For old version woocommerce
        $order_status = $order_status[0]->slug;
        if ( $order_status != 'completed' ) {
        $no_activate = true;
        }
        }

if ( $no_activate ) {
        $this->wc_software_api->error( '102', __( 'The purchase matching this product is not complete', 'woocommerce-software-add-on' ), null, array( 'activated' => false ) );
        }

}

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be able to use/buy this plugin if it had the ability to import a list of keys that I supply. Otherwise I have to go with a different product.

• Alex ErosAlex Eros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to import my own keys and deliver each key bundled with a downloadable product unfortunately I can't move forward.

What is the likely hood of this being developed and if so what would be the timescale?

• Alicia BerkAlicia Berk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can definitely say that we need to be able to import our own license keys. Is there any chance that is moving forward?

• Thomas NordénThomas Nordén commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WooCommerce team, how many votes would you need in order to consider implementing features like this?

• Thomas NordénThomas Nordén commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be sweet if we could ping QLM license manager and then handle all the logistics around sending, renewing etc. via WooCommerce. Today I am having a developer help me create a solution for selling and downloading "on time buys", but I would love to handle subscriptions and renewals too.

• Tim LewisTim Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for a replacement for FastSpring. It would be great if this could work as the gateway between WooCommerce and my license service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do add the feature. Looking for a way to automatically give predefined individual access codes at time of purchase. Could be one or many of the same each with an individual unique code

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really use this, too. I need a way to upload a batch of keys and associate them with a specific product. I simple CSV import would work great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make this extension. My product generates the keys so these keys I want to insert into the products, not the random keys.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base