How can we improve WooCommerce?

Import license keys with Software Add-on extension

Many customers ask if the Software Add-on extension supports importing your own license keys. At this time it does not.

This is a request to add a feature that would allow customers to import their own license keys.

If this is a feature addition you would be interested in seeing, please help vote on this idea or leave a comment to be updated on progress here.

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MariaAdminMaria (Admin, WooThemes) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RuudRuud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, I sell licence keys from a sotware manufacturer. So, I have to use their licencekeys.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, my product generates the licence key based on the type of licence and the user's name and email address, so I need to be able to import the generated licence key for each sale. Random keys are no use to me.

• DimaDima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, in plugin woocommerce-software-add-on need fix code, since the new version woocommerce 2.2.8, activate not work.

File

class-wc-activation-request.php

// Validate order if set
        if ( $data->order_id ) {
        $order_status = wp_get_post_terms( $data->order_id, 'shop_order_status' );

if ( is_wp_error( $order_status ) ) {
        // For new version woocommerce
        $post_order = get_post( $data->order_id );
        $order_status = $post_order->post_status;
        if ( $order_status != 'wc-completed' ) {
        $no_activate = true;
        }
        } else {
        // For old version woocommerce
        $order_status = $order_status[0]->slug;
        if ( $order_status != 'completed' ) {
        $no_activate = true;
        }
        }

if ( $no_activate ) {
        $this->wc_software_api->error( '102', __( 'The purchase matching this product is not complete', 'woocommerce-software-add-on' ), null, array( 'activated' => false ) );
        }

}

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be able to use/buy this plugin if it had the ability to import a list of keys that I supply. Otherwise I have to go with a different product.

• Alex ErosAlex Eros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to import my own keys and deliver each key bundled with a downloadable product unfortunately I can't move forward.

What is the likely hood of this being developed and if so what would be the timescale?

• Alicia BerkAlicia Berk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can definitely say that we need to be able to import our own license keys. Is there any chance that is moving forward?

• Thomas NordénThomas Nordén commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WooCommerce team, how many votes would you need in order to consider implementing features like this?

• Thomas NordénThomas Nordén commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be sweet if we could ping QLM license manager and then handle all the logistics around sending, renewing etc. via WooCommerce. Today I am having a developer help me create a solution for selling and downloading "on time buys", but I would love to handle subscriptions and renewals too.

• Tim LewisTim Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for a replacement for FastSpring. It would be great if this could work as the gateway between WooCommerce and my license service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do add the feature. Looking for a way to automatically give predefined individual access codes at time of purchase. Could be one or many of the same each with an individual unique code

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really use this, too. I need a way to upload a batch of keys and associate them with a specific product. I simple CSV import would work great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make this extension. My product generates the keys so these keys I want to insert into the products, not the random keys.

• GavGav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too. I'd like the option for more information unique to the product too - such as a download link and instructions.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base