How can we improve WooCommerce?

Import license keys with Software Add-on extension

Many customers ask if the Software Add-on extension supports importing your own license keys. At this time it does not.

This is a request to add a feature that would allow customers to import their own license keys.

If this is a feature addition you would be interested in seeing, please help vote on this idea or leave a comment to be updated on progress here.

140 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MariaMaria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex ErosAlex Eros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to import my own keys and deliver each key bundled with a downloadable product unfortunately I can't move forward.

What is the likely hood of this being developed and if so what would be the timescale?

• Alicia BerkAlicia Berk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can definitely say that we need to be able to import our own license keys. Is there any chance that is moving forward?

• Thomas NordénThomas Nordén commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WooCommerce team, how many votes would you need in order to consider implementing features like this?

• Thomas NordénThomas Nordén commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be sweet if we could ping QLM license manager and then handle all the logistics around sending, renewing etc. via WooCommerce. Today I am having a developer help me create a solution for selling and downloading "on time buys", but I would love to handle subscriptions and renewals too.

• Tim LewisTim Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for a replacement for FastSpring. It would be great if this could work as the gateway between WooCommerce and my license service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do add the feature. Looking for a way to automatically give predefined individual access codes at time of purchase. Could be one or many of the same each with an individual unique code

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really use this, too. I need a way to upload a batch of keys and associate them with a specific product. I simple CSV import would work great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make this extension. My product generates the keys so these keys I want to insert into the products, not the random keys.

• GavGav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too. I'd like the option for more information unique to the product too - such as a download link and instructions.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing license keys would be great, rather than generating them on the fly, as certain products generate the keys differently.

Need a license key dump for various products, which can be activated manually via users on the frontend as well, by typing in the key in the member's area (rather than an actual purchase). Still limitation on activations of that license and can be listed as a bad key, notifying which accounts have been attempting to use it - if used multiple times, shared, or leaked out.

• Roony AlvarezRoony Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its amazing how this is non existant. meaning a comprehensive (or at least usable) solution for this type of need.
        theres only one other per-product license manager that i know of and its currently broken, with its author nowhere to be found (not even by email).. seriously. get this done plz =)

• RobertoRoberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this function! can you contact me to develop this function under my specification!? thank you
        I'd like to have a quotation from you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base