How can we improve WooCommerce?

Display tags ontop of products in the display loop

I want to be able to display a product flag or tag on top of products in the featured products display, main page and catalog pages. Essentially add to the woocommerce_sale_flash to allow additional tags to be added to a product to display in the loop that are not related to is_on_sale but other attributes or custom fields you set.

The conditional content extension almost gets there on it's own but since there is no hook inside the product loop you can't use it to display the conditional content on top of the product image.

I did this manually using my own CSS IDs and the Conditional Content extension on the upstart theme. Example: fueledrealty.com

But I had to write my own if statements into the content-product.php file as well as a custom field because I could not get the content-product.php file to accept an if statement based on a product category, only meta information.

This would be so easy to do I just don't have time do to it.

See my example I outlined, for that customer it lets them flag products as "Sold" or "Under Contract" in addition to "Reduced" (when "on sale", I had to change that in the language file). But I have customers ask about that type of functionality all the time so products for specific needs stand out to their customers.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WilliamWilliam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...