How can we improve WooCommerce?

Allow for variations on downloadable products.

This issue has been brought up before, but hasn't got any attention in a couple of years, so I'm throwing it back on the fire...

I'm selling downloadable videos on my site and I want to be able to offer options: SD or HD with different price points, as well as different language options. This would require setting variations on the product, and linking a different downloadable file to each variation – which isn't currently possible in WooCommerce.

Is there a reason for this? I'm no coder, but it's hard to see why this wouldn't be possible. It would certainly allow for much greater flexibility in digital product offerings.

I'd *really* like to see this added to WC in the near future.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David JamiesonDavid Jamieson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David JamiesonDavid Jamieson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, ooops.... I didn't realize until just now that this is already possible at the variation level. My bad.

• David JamiesonDavid Jamieson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this would also be of great use for artists and photographers selling prints, allowing customers to choose things like size or frame options in the same product listing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base