How can we improve WooCommerce?

Lock or Protect Coupons to prevent unintentional modification

Because some Coupons may be printed on physical marketing materials (for example, a Coupon code printed on a newspaper insert or in magazine ad.)...

...it would be beneficial to have the ability to lock, protect, or otherwise draw attention to a given Coupon which is currently 'in circulation'.

Another method could be the option to assign a 'flag' to a given coupon, or, a way to group or categorize Coupons.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LukeLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anton AndriyevskyyAnton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have Smart Coupons to test with. Please ping me at x dot meglio at gmail if you have one.

Unfortunately, CodeCanyon sets their own prices and it's hard to argue.
        Anyhow that's my first project at CodeCanyon so I'm just testing their market. Actually I don't like their pricing policy so if they price it too small I'll remove it from there.

Actually I have so many ideas for tiny plugins that I wonder if I have to make my own shop quickly and just add plugins there. The only good thing about CodeCanyon is that it has lots of customers that trust to their products, thus I'll get attention to my plugins immediately.

I'd be happy to participate in the official Woocommerce plugins repository though, and I like the pricing there (a little bit overpriced but it's from Ukrainians point of view, and anyhow it's good for plugin authors).

As about pricing options - well, I'd sell single license for $30 if it was me who determines plugin's price. Extended license to make it open-source and free for everyone means I'll never ever make a penny from it so it should be somewhere around $600? I just do not know how to price for extended license, so forgive me if that figure sounds bad.

A few more words about that plugin. It doesn't lock everything - it still allows you to see all the fields and change non-critical ones, but it locks editing of the main fields like name, type and value.

I'd be happy to improve it based on community feedback though!

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

What will be the price?

If I had the money I'd buy an extended license and contribute it to the WooCommerce core. If WC is ever going to replace Magento, it's going to need to include more features like this!

Thank you for coding this, and so quickly!

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news! I'll be your first customer. Let us know when it's live on CodeCanyon

Luke, I've built such a plugin but it takes days for CodeCanyon to review it. Still waiting and the progress bar is only ~40%.

Anyone else wanting such a plugin? Just trying to understand if it worth spending time on it. Also, folks, what should be the average price for such a plugin? -- thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base