How can we improve WooCommerce?

UPS Shipping Label Printing from Within Woocommerce

We would love the ability to print shipping labels from within Woocommerce for UPS, as well as FedEx and USPS. Right now we use PayPal integration as a means to print USPS labels, but since we started taking payments through merchants other than PayPal it has been very tedious going through each order and manually copying-and-pasting or exporting the order information and putting into the UPS, FedEx, or USPS shipping label website.

It looks like there is some traction on FedEx and maybe USPS shipping label extension development for Woocommerce (both of which we would love) but UPS is also badly needed!

I don't see any good reason why this can't be done. To be clear, we are not interested in a monthly-fee service like Shipstation, and we don't like the hassle of having to do this through Quickbooks either.

The extension we are envisioning would work like this: Click on the Woocommerce>Orders tab, click on on order, and a widget on the right side of the order screen would let you select "Print UPS Shipping Label". Address information would automatically be sent to UPS via your UPS online account (who would then charge your account for the postage) and then the shipping label would show up in a pop up where you could click "print". The tracking number returned from UPS.com would also be sent to the "Shipment Tracking" plugin so you don't have to manually copy and paste it into its widget on the orders screen (which is what we were expecting it would be able to do anyways).

Easy, right? If anyone out there is interested and capable of making this plugin, we are very interested in buying it!

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StephenStephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Joey B, you can check on wanderlust webdesign they have a UPS plugin and also a complete pack plugin that includes UPS, Fedex, DHL, USPS etc! its really cool!

• Joey B.Joey B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

almost 1 year later and this has still not been made i have to do a bunch of work to send my products to my customers and it should just be streamlined? WE NEED THIS FOR USPS PLEASE!!!

• Bryan HeadrickBryan Headrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anonymous Are you kidding? $20? Why don't I just give it away? Shipstation is $25 PER MONTH! Obviously, $99 was above market, but don't be ridiculous .
        @Arjan - it does work with shipments outside the US. If you're creating the labels manually, I would need to adjust the available shipping options accordingly, but if you're using WooThemes's UPS shipping method, my plugin will just use the method that was selected at checkout. And naturally, I'm eager to make my plugin usable to everyone, so if you have any difficulties, I'll be glad to help.

• ArjanArjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Bryan Headrick, does it also work if the shipments origens are outside the US. I have a Dutch shop that ships abroad.

@Bryan Headrick - If you were selling your plugin for say, $20, you'd probably be making a killing. At anything above $30, let alone $99, you're not going to do well

•  Frank Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It amazes me that for all the wonderful things WooCommerce does and offers, it lacks the seemingly obvious features such as printing a shipping label. I would absolutely love to see this made without having to pay a third party subscription.

Well, that does it for me. I've been researching WooCommerce and it looks great. But it won't print labels to slap on boxes you need to ship?? Just goofy. What's the point of an e-commerce system that "does it all" but won't produce shipping labels??? Just lost a sale. I'm on to some other e-commerce vendor. As for the guy selling a plugin for this for $99... oh, well.

• MariMari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would absolutely love this plugin. I ship via USPS & just ordered a label printer only to find out that PayPal refuses to print to a label printer if you're using a Mac, even though on their FAQs page where they tell you their printer recommendations, they don't mention this at all. The only place on their site they mention this is when you're actually trying to print the damn label!

So, any plugin that let me print directly to my label printer (Brother QL-500) would be an instant buy.

I have created an extension for UPS shipping labels for a client. It works with woocommerce, and I now working to include support for USPS and Fedex. I will keep you posted when it is ready for purchase.

Hi guys, I made the plugin, try to google wanderlust-webdesign you will find the plugin on my site.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this! Someone must know how? I will pay you a 3.00 monthly fee and be happy. That times 3,000,000,000 would be worth the work to make it.
        I dare you LOL

I currently use Shopp for Wordpress which has an Endicia plugin that allows me to print my postage directly from within the plugin. I am not completely satisfied with the rest of the Shopp plugin though so would LOVE to switch to WooCommerce--but, until there is an extension that allows me to print postage, I can't justify switching. I'm actually surprised that one didn't exist.

Feedback and Knowledge Base