How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add a Referral System to Points and Rewards Extension

With the new Points and Rewards WooCommerce Extension, the only thing missing is a referral system that let's customers earn points for referring their friends. So essentially anyone could create an account on your WooCommerce site and share your products with their friends. When their friends use the referral link and buy a product from your site, the customer that refers them gets points.

Another great aspect would be a tiered system. Where a "higher" level of selected brand ambassadors can be assigned various discount codes, and when those codes are used, the assigned brand ambassador receives points for those as well. We would have control over how many points each discount code would be worth for the brand ambassador.

221 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone found a solution that integrates well with the core coupon functions (e.g. coupons are linked to accounts) and shows customers how their referrals are going?

The best I have found is Owned It, but not sure that has the right referral functionality.

Some of the other plugins just don't seem to have enough features.

Has anyone found a solution that integrates well with the core coupon functions (e.g. coupons are linked to accounts) and shows customers how their referrals are going?

The best I have found is Owned It, but not sure that has the right referral functionality.

Some of the other plugins just don't seem to have enough features.

Yes please that would be an awesome features that is really missing in points & rewards

• YuriYuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really missing on Points and rewards plugin, we need to find other ways to accomplish the task, not as good as having only one extension like magento has.

• SO19FirearmsSO19Firearms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One cart in particular has this feature built in and you only have to look at MyProtein's forum to see all the users with their code in their Sig - as well as on other bodybuilding forums. Bringing referalls/affiliates to social media seems to be a no brainer to me - Somebody will make money from this plugin if they make some effort.
        Giffgaff and Topcashback are other examples of the idea....

IMO

• Johnny VasquezJohnny Vasquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe WPachievements (not Achievements) integrates with the points and rewards extension to give points for inviting friends.

Feedback and Knowledge Base