How can we improve WooCommerce?

Use Woocommerce as a quote only program.

Instead of add to cart, I would like to hide all prices and change the buttons to say add to quote. People will submit request for quotes and then in the backend we can update the prices for the specific customer and then send them a notice that the quote is complete. This is completely different from quote forms since I want all items to be in the cart but the checkout will submit quote, not go to payment page.

135 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anne StahlAnne Stahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great improvement/addl. feature for WooCommerce.
        There are some angles to consider:
        1. create a default text ('Request Quote', 'Inquire', 'Price on Request' etc...)
        2. allow user to set up default for products that do NOT have a price
        3. allow user to override default on product by product basis
        4. allow users to setup a form (or many) to handle these clicks
        5. form should be able to 'grab' product id from the product it was clicked
        6. add 'Add to Request' functionality for sites where users are expected to inquire about numerous products
        7. allow individual product quotes
        8. allow logged in users to see prices (not 'Quote' buttons)
        9. add 'roles' to exisiting users so different prices or quotes can be set up for different users
        10. allow admins to email quote
        11. system tracks all interactions like a 'lead' with history of quotes
        etc...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The plugin Woocommerce quotes and orders by (<a href="http://a3rev.com/shop/woocommerce-quotes-and-

orders/">a3rev.com</a>) works but suffers from one flaw.

The customer requests a quote (so far so good), an email is automatically sent to the customer to say the quote is

being processed (still good), the site admin sends the quote to the customer and the customer receives the quote

email without a propper breakdown of the prices for the indvidualy quoted items (not good). The quote subtotoal is

correct but there are no itemized prices.

Here I upload mail snapshot : http://prntscr.com/36x451

Anyone can help me to solve this.

• Rick SportelRick Sportel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

I would also love to use a plugin like this but I'm not going to invest money in a plugin that is not even there yet.

For a customer I managed to modify the standard product page by hooking a function that displays a direct quote form below the product description.

Click this link to see it working:
        http://www.pp-kerstpakketten.nl/product/rituals-hammam-treat-mini-gift-set/

On this page click the grey button just below the product title and price and you will be directed to the form below the product.

Works fine actually. High conversion as visitors can request a quote directly from the product page keeping them away from an annoying checkout process.

Rick Sportel

WP Website
        http://wpwebsite.nl/

• Jean WaucomontJean Waucomont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea has been around for quite a while now. Any news?

Imho is't very strange that an eCommerce solution doesn't offer the possibility to generate quotes by default. The a3rev plugin is not an option for small business owners. I don't need 2 sites and in no way am I going to pay $ 97 for a year of support. Perhaps for a lifetime subscription, this amount would be fair. Due to the high price, I've already seen a lot of custom work (precious development time) in order to get this fixed. So why is this functionality still not implemented by default?

An even better solution would be to specify the option for quote per product.
        Two checkboxes would suffice for this: 1: quote, 2: disable ordering.

• Eric RimaEric Rima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the customer could shop, then submit the order - but then the admin would create a "Final Invoice" with any discounts and shipping cost. We have international orders where it is impossible to know the exact shipping cost until the item is packed.

I want this too!! This is exactly what I've been looking for!! Make it happen Woo!!

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to see this ability in Woocommerce.

- Ability to Add to Quote and then email it to the user and myself
        - Ability to then Order from that Quote
        - Ability to have some products Add to Quote only and others have both Add to Cart or Quote

• ClaireClaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a vital feature that I see being requested a lot. Other ecommerce platforms have it. Even free platforms have it (e.g. 1&1 My Website)

I have done this using woocommerce override structure. Changing all the 'order' text to quote and remove all pricing.

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/template-structure/

I uploaded the changed plugin and installation instructions to https://github.com/selloutdesign/woocommerce-quote-cart

Please let me know what you think. There are a couple more changes to be made I am looking for the function that displays the body of the table for the products in the emails to remove the pricing column. I used css in the template editor to hide prices, and a couple buttons. hit me up on git hub if you have any questions.

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run a Ready-Made and Custom-Made products shop. This kind of enhancement would be a great help for Custom-Made products, where pricing is based upon specifications submitted by a customer.

• PimPim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too, this would be awesome.
        Also, the possibility to add a customer in the backend and create a quote form there and email it to the customer.

We sell products from $ 1500 and up, so many times a customer is calling iso ordering in the webshop. In that case it would be ideal to add that customer to the backend and enter a quotation.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base