How can we improve WooCommerce?

Shopping Cart in Header

Would love to have the option to display a shopping cart in the header like many Ecommerce sites feature.

A simple cart icon + information about the number of items & price would be ideal.

Cheers,
James

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James MoultJames Moult shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JeremiahJeremiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm building this plugin and the basic version is almost finished. I plan on having a free and paid version. Shoot me an email for more info (jeremiah.prummer@yahoo.com). I'll post the link when the free version is complete (hopefully this weekend).

• Jeremy MillerJeremy Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this isn't ideal for everyone, but adding this functionality is quite simple (if you're a developer, even a beginner).

It might be easier to find a theme with a widget somewhere in the header, and add the widget to that are that way.

Just a suggestion while this is being considered.

• TommyTommy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree that this is would be a great functionality.
        To be honest I don't like the footer cart. It takes up to much space on the page.
        The cart widget becomes to big when you've added say 5 items to the cart.

Would be great with a admin setting that lets you decide the appearance of added cart items to the sidebar widget.

• kimkim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So where IS the shop option then? (im new to all this and am not sure of it's lay out, im trying to find examples and can't find any) im so lost!. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base