How can we improve WooCommerce?

Photography Store Extension for Woocommerce

Photography products need a more efficient way to be added, configured, and displayed.
1. Bulk image product uploader similar to flickr - Uploads and creates electronic products with preset attributes.
2. Selectable product type, "photography" just like simple, variable, etc. that activates the appropriate tabs and functionality required for a photography store
3. Product based on size, or bulk purchase amount.
4. Automatic watermarking for featured image if photography product type is selected. Check out the Image Store Plugin
5. Connection to print companies like mpix.com for print and frame options.
6. Lightbox layout with checkboxes to quickly select images. Great for portrait photography or wedding photography. In my case it would be good for Real Estate Photography selections and options for Realtors so I can upsell.
7. Private viewing and selection gallery for non-public images, i.e. weddings, Real Estate.

Hope this gives you some great ideas.

Thanks.
Marty Paoletta
ProMedia Tours

302 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marty PaolettaMarty Paoletta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KellyKelly shared a merged idea: Extension for photo gallery proofing, selecting, and purchasing through woocommerce for photography websites  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Photo Cart  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ElliotElliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a reply from Woo Twitter saying they are not developing this but a 3rd party dev and they don't know when it will be ready. I wouldn't hold your breath on this coming out soon. I'm tempted to develop this myself. It's quite a big project though.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add that most e-commerce solutions are designed to display one image size only and it is really important for photographers and artists to have the option to be able to display landscape, portrait and square image formats in their shops.

This exactly what I'm looking for in Woocommerce. The sort of extension would be ideal for photography websites I'm developing for clients! I hope this is an extension that will arrive soon.

• MarkusMarkus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good start but what is missing? An API for the delivery part, because I need to be sure that the result is 100% like I expect. There should be an connection to proceed with the order after the payment. Print the images at my own or send them to my favorite lab or ...

• HowardHoward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this has started, any update on the planned release of this?
        And I would love to beta test it.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read the reviews of how many people are dissatisfied with Smug and Zen. Both of these are comparably priced between $100 - $150 usd per year with unlimited storage.

Photocrati like Woo runs through Wordpress but falls short and it's priced at $89.
        They do offer a money back guarantee which they did live up to in my case.

Photoshelter is the next logical choice but comes in at $360 per year with 60GB of storage.

For the photography offering a specialty in Landscape or other Fine Art this is brilliant.
        http://cornforthimages.com/cart/

However, for the Studio Professional that needs to offer a wide variety of sizes, mounting, framing and private galleries, the WooCommerce as is now also falls short.

I don't think the automatic watermarking is a big deal, when the vast majority of photographers use Photoshop or Lightroom. And I'd say the majority of Pro Photographers would choose to handle print orders themselves.

It is the taking of print orders that is the most important part.
        Selling prints - this would be a gallery of images, divided into categories, where anyone can purchase a print of an image.
        An existing shopping cart theme would require each image to be set up as a different product, with size and print options set up as variations. But this would quickly create a huge product list.
        It would be much better to have the products as just the print options, and then associate that with an image by selecting an image from a gallery. That way, each image does not have to be set up as a new product. It is just added to an image gallery. And then referenced from the shopping cart by a unique code when someone wants to purchase a print of that image. Similar to the Product Add On plugin.

Ideally, it is the image that the customer selects first, and then the customer selects the size and print options, followed by delivery options.

Digital downloads/purchases of images would be useful.

And a client area - these images are behind a login and are for clients to view only. Images can be viewed and selected, and print options/products selected through a shopping cart.

• Paul RamPaul Ram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@James is there already planned a date for the release? I realy like the features of this plugin. Keep up the good work!

Would love this functionality! Especially a bulk upload feature that watermarked, resized, and created a digital product automatically. If you could change the price of a group of photos easily that would be great too.

I have been looking for a Photography-based WP theme with eCommerce for a long time now.

And there isn't a good solution out there.

But I'm sure there is lots of scope for such a Theme.

In order to sell prints, with various framing options, and digital downloads of images.

• David TaylorDavid Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also - the purchase button needs to lead to an option where the buyer can choose from multiple size/price options.

• David TaylorDavid Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED this functionality! Since we own our own boutique printing lab, connection to outside labs for outsourcing print jobs is not necessary for our needs - but many people would find this functionality very beneficial. This extension needs to allow for images that are offered in a wide variety of sizes - which should not be defined, allow the photographer/site owner to determine what sizes are available for EACH image. Definitely needs to allow for digital product downloads as well. The 'Store' should be able to be renamed ('Gallery', example) and needs to REALLY feature the image/art first. The purchase buttons need to be clean, minimalistic so they do not detract from the artwork. My dream look features a beautiful grid of images - clicking on each image enlarge's it and floats it above a dimmed background, with a small, clean, and elegant purchase button.

• Marty PaolettaMarty Paoletta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to hear that it has been planned!
        I am currently using another product that is actually very good. I paid 315.00 for it and it has made me $$. Customer service is great, I can bulk upload images, match pricing to the client or type of photography, run specials, etc.

My beef with my current app is that it is not integrated with wordpress. I could add a dynamic wrapper, but in the future problems could arise.
        Since I use the Wordpress platform for my websites. I would be interested in the integration. Plus I like the visual presentation that Woo provides.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base