How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

1,282 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    XazinjiXazinji shared a merged idea: Marketplace  ·   · 

136 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Payam AhoubimPayam Ahoubim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a WPMUDEV.ORG customer and they have some great stuff plugin wise but this one falls short (Marketpress) I was well on my way setting all up when I ran into a snag that blew my mind!
        Their variations scheme is ancient. You have limited fields and EVERY-SINGLE-LINE-OF-VARIATION-HAS-TO-BE-WRITTEN ... Yikes! No way to copy repetitive task or variations.

The next thing about marketpress is it can only do the % split via Paypal chained payments I got no big beef with paypal but surely they can muster up enough code to offer other gateways as well. so as of today I am scraping my marketpress install and going back to woocommerce and hit up a few freelance sites and pay for some customization....... not the way I wanted to go but got get this done.....

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anton.

Love the path your going down for Woocommerce extension. What are we looking at here? When do you think there will be a release? Are you doing this full-time or working on it when you have a free moment after work or between jobs?

Do you have any expected milestones or deadlines when there might be something we can test as a community to further assist with the dev?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No response from Woocommerce about this idea? I am just dying to this extension developed

My 2 cents worth.
        1. Setup a WP/Woo store as 'Head Office'
        2. Setup other sites on new domains etc.
        3. 'Supply' the secondary sites with content (as per Amazon) from Head Office database, OR...
        4. Create more columns in the .csv file ($AU, $US, $NZ etc) and export from Head Office and import into affiliate site who selects which 'Header' to map which price to.
        5. Optional Single/Multiple gateways for payments.

Hello everyone. I'm new to woocommerce setup. What I would like to ask help about is that, if there is a possible way to create two different shopping carts in one site (Retail & Wholesale) and of course prices should be different. If there is, please give me a little idea on how to do it.

Your help is very much appreciated.
        Thanks you.

Regards,
        Vic

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are other plugins to help woo send product orders to other venders, drop ship etc.

The main point of multi-site would be for users to not have to switch or login and get billed from Multiple sites. Envato has this with ThemeForest, CodeCanyon etc, whether they are from multiple vendors, languages, currencies is beside the point as there are lots of other wp plugins and themes that have that built in already. What would make Woo better is a multisite for multiple domains with one backend and billing where users can bounce between stores/sites and products and checkout for them all at one time with one user account.

I need this yesterday.

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Anton,
        What I think most people would want is a plugin that allows people to operate a Virtual Mall(Network)
        With this, site owners can sell spaces(subsites) on their website(Virtual Mall/Network).
        The stores(subsites) would be independently managed, by a store administrator(level: subsite). There would also be a Super Admin(level: Network) who would be able to manage the store globally (this is especially useful, when he wants to assist with a problem; or when the listed store doesn't have an Admin support; this enables him to charge an Administration fee.)
        The homepage can feature a customizable design where the stores on the Network are displayed.
        On this homepage it would be possible to search(Global) for any product or categories, which presents a list of options corresponding to the search terms; the user is presented in a beautiful customizable interface with the price, the store(subsite), rating etc.
        A user would be able to create a cart per store, (i.e when shopping on another store/subsite, a new cart will be created for that store.)
        Search will implemented in such a way that a user can search globally(for all products), search within stores(for store specific products), however the store level search, will present the
        1. Search from within the store
        2. Related products from within the store
        3. Other options and related products from other stores (this helps in making sure that if a specific store doesn't have a particular product, another store can provide this. Or if a user is looking for bargains, he would get the cheapest price for that product.)
        The Global(Network) Admin would see all sales made on the stores, all subsites admin will get their individual report, but Global admin will get the report for all stores.
        Payment and delivery is handled globally.
        I hope this helps in the development.

• CramCram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anton

We would be very interested if you could do something like this

1) Parent site is the main site of the network. It will contain all products entered into the child sites by their administrators.
        2) Child sites have a different domain and theme to the parent site.
        3) The child sites would have their own administrators who could upload products here at the child site level into their own categories or ones we set in the parent site.

Is this possible?
        Basically, I would have different sites with different products and when I add a product into one of them it automatically shows in my parent site. The child sites will need their own shipping options.

@Anton

You have a guaranteed buyer here! I would easily pay $200 for this plugin (let me know if we can work something out ;)

My goal is to have 2 stores, one for retail customers, and one for wholesale customers, both under different names and design, but using the same theme. Anyone can visit the retail site, but the wholesale site needs to be password protected or restricted to specific users. The features I need are below:

- Integrated inventory between all sites (If the same product is purchased on 2 different domains, I need my main inventory to reflect 2 sales of that item)

- I need the customers for each store separated (for mailing lists etc.)

- The ability to have all products in one main list, but create 'Categories' so that only certain products can be displayed on one or both websites.

I would absolutely love to see these features... Please have something for us soon, there is a massive need for this plugin. Thank you!

Am totally new to the whole Multi-Site and Woocommerce world...but now that I've spent a week delving into both...I would LOVE to see a Marriage of the two.

I've got my products on one of my multi-site subdomains and would love to be able to have access to the WooCommerce Shortcode for those products on the main domain.

Anton, what we need is a multi-store feature like americommerce (hosted cart) offers and a multi-vendor feature like cs-cart and ixxo cart. If Woocommerce wants to be the leader in WP ecommerce, then they need user-friendly, functional, multi-store and multi-vendor features with drop-shipping, affiliate support, mobile friendly, robust shipping features already built in as an out of the box feature. I would pay for this plugin, it is so needed to keep up with today's technology!

• hilraphilrap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anton,

i would be very much interested in this plugin. Any chance we could have a beta within the next 2-3 weeks?

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anton.

Thank you for answering my question below RE: using woocommerce with multi-site.

Your plugin idea seems useful....Enabling people to manage a network of sites from one interface...I'd be interested in checking that out.

What I'm wondering is if I can setup a network of similar sites, for my clients. Each client would only have access permissions to their individual install..say on a subdomain...using woocommerce.

That's why I referenced WPMU and if you follow that link you'll see that they do mention that capability. Just wondering if this is baked into woocommerce as well.

Thanks.

###
        QUOTE:
        "Is it possible to use multi-site to create a network of similar ecommerce stores that have separate users, seperate ssl certificates and checkout....Basically to create a network of individual stores for my clients?"

• Kevin SullivanKevin Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree. If woo can do multisite, multicurrency - all all others features, from one admin, just like I have now fro my magento community stores, I would switch to woo commerce. Magento is great, but not as simple as using wordpress. Thanks, Kevin

• John K RiordanJohn K Riordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to use Woo for a mall, similar to Iscripts Multisite (http://www.iscripts.com/multicart/), whether it uses WP multisites or not. Hand-Made-in-Michigan (http://www.mi-made.com/), an Etsy-style multi-vendor mall for Michigan crafts, is the best implimentation of Iscripts Multisite I've seen. Woo has much more power under the hood than Iscripts, and the Mirjah Payment Gateway puts it way over the top, so it's a shame that Woo can't do something similar out of the box. I'm not a developer. In fact, I'm an ecommerce newbie, so I need out-of-the-box solutions.

YOu need something would allow you set a different currency for every domain? Not sure how to help. Also if it dos help you for me to buy your coupon plugin on ThemeForest, i will. Not sure how it works or if it will help me, but if the funding helps this project along I will do.

• Anton AndriyevskyyAnton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Henryk, I'm currently trying to setup plugins making business, but until it is not set I cannot spend lots of time on it - a hour ir two daily plus weekends.

You could help by spreading the info about or buying my first Woo extension: http://bit.ly/coupon-locker

I'll release the very first. Ersion as soon as it is usable to some extent - at least having different products, categories and menu per domain. Otherwise it would look just incomplete.

I'm almost sure CodeCanyon will underestimate all the engineering which is taking place this dide - the plugin is not easy to build - so chances are I'll build a separate website for it and will sell it for ~$79 per one installation. But I'd be happy if discussion was more alive here, so I would know there are at least 30..50 potential buyers right from the start. There are so many voices for this feature but when it comes to having a real plugin opportunity, I don't see enough feedback and this makes me doubt.

Hallo Anton,
        Yes what you want to programm is very good! You should consult with the programming team of WooCommerce. Your ideas should proceed exactly in the core, such as the REST API Extension in 2.1 and 2.2. We need your ideas like:

- language per domain
        - override currency and price for domain
        - integrate with wp multilanguage plugin
        - probably constrain categories to domains as well
        - constrain posts/pages to domain
        - allow to use different menu for every domain

Where we could by the first Version? 0.9 beta

Henryk form Germany

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base