How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

1,548 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    XazinjiXazinji shared a merged idea: Marketplace  ·   · 

201 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NigelNigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. I promptly sent mine back. I basically need to simply duplicate the root site for various different country level tlds. and then map them to a domain. This way I can simply change currency and a few bits language without having to move 4 gigs of downloadable pdfs each time. Sorta like etsy in a sense but in my case I am largely just duplicating the root and essentially the checkout still runs through the root db if you will. For all intents and purposes, the way marketpress works.

• CramCram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was to be coded, what are the chances woocommerce would do it in the future themselves?

• Craig GrellaCraig Grella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be great...and in addition, another thing to possibly consider is the ability to run an overcharge on all sites within a network - another thing marketpress allows that is great for niche networks.

For example, we have a network of nonprofits on one multisite - with over 200 nonprofits on that network. We offer them individual accounts or they bring their own licenses and we manage that for them.

But it would be great if we could have one installation of woocommerce on the network, that allows each site to have its store, and the main site has the ability to charge a fee on all transactions inside our network on any site.

That way we can offer ecommerce to our member sites with a set fee and parse that money out to their accounts when transactions come in.

Hope that makes sense.

• FionaFiona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be interested in this as I am trying to set something up like this now with multi site. Alternatively, is there a way to run a business catalog (not using mutli site), where each business can supply some stock images that are searchable. However, there is no e-commerce sales happening for the products on the site?

• RiccardoRiccardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Anton,
        i send you an email for your plugin, we are really interested in your work, how is going on?

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish Woo had a decent time table on this. Even subfolder setup would be doable. Bottomline is, it's hurting my business and SEO ranking not to have it. I keep debating about jumping ship to another cart for Wordpress that supports it, but I've invested so much money in Woo so far. Rather frustrating. If it will be a year from now, let me know because I don't think I can wait it out.

• ClayClay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did have a specific questions/concern though that may relate more to multisite in general?

If I was to do a fresh install of Wordpress and manage unique blogs on multiple subfolders, I could tell search engines via robots.txt to ignore certain subfolders when crawling my main site, preventing what may be considered duplicate content issues. Does multisite do this by default?

• ClayClay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I am on board.This forum is a bit confusing because I enter my email address and it says anonymous. I guess just add me clay (dot) kad @ gmail.com. <-- don't wanna get spam and I know this forum shows up in search results.

• Anton AndriyevskyyAnton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your interest. If you log in here (you're currently an anonymous), I could add you to the list of potential buyers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm totally on board with this. I don't see how to sign up or show my interest but I want this plugin.

I need it because I'm trying to target specific countries with unique content. I want to do a /uk subfolder and target uk clients with uk products, a uk phone number, uk shipping details... same thing with /ca for canada, /au for australia, etc.

When you go to your WooThemes settings, you can only enter one phone number. So contact details are unique to each install of Wordpress.

I know I could do fresh install of a worpdress on every single subfolder but that is a mess, having to log in and out of each to check orders and maintain products. It would be great if it could share some aspects and not others, which is why I'm so excited about multisire.

Totally on board... looking for a link.

• RaghuRaghu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi can anyone please suggest me that i have already installed a woocommerce plugin in a multisite and ready to use but i want to use my woocommerce plugin to create shopping pages in network area and makes it display on all its sites.

• SixfootJamesSixfootJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matt, I am not a developer on the WooCommerce plugin but you can ask questions/make suggestion on the issue list. This is a use case I am after and possibly where Anton Andriyevskyy can slot in because I do know this will not come out of the box with the next release.

https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues?milestone=22&state=open

Will need to log in with a GIT account.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SixfootJames - Will the feature of controlling multiple shopping sites from one backend be standard in the update of WooCommerce when it releases? Or is this an extension that we would need to purchase?

Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base