How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

1,441 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    XazinjiXazinji shared a merged idea: Marketplace  ·   · 

187 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SixfootJamesSixfootJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matt, I am not a developer on the WooCommerce plugin but you can ask questions/make suggestion on the issue list. This is a use case I am after and possibly where Anton Andriyevskyy can slot in because I do know this will not come out of the box with the next release.

https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues?milestone=22&state=open

Will need to log in with a GIT account.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SixfootJames - Will the feature of controlling multiple shopping sites from one backend be standard in the update of WooCommerce when it releases? Or is this an extension that we would need to purchase?

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please email Anton (the developer below) at x.meglio@gmail.com so he can start custom development on the plugin. He needs enough users to email him so that he can get a good idea of the amount of people willing to purchase the plugin. We need this ASAP!!

• SixfootJamesSixfootJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, there actually is a great gap for you Anton. :) My use case is very specific so there is a gap for you to extend this functionality. I will email you about this.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOL... everyone wants to build an etsy clone. It's much more complicated since every store will be a self-standing site and won't have integrated payment methods. That would require completely changing the plugin. Also very tough to create clones of an etsy site unless your site has a huge volume of traffic.

I'd be happy if Multisite worked the same way as it does on any other plugin working on an individual blog. I'm not sure why it doesn't work at all. It can only be enabled "network" and not as a plugin on an individual site. Would like to just get basic functionality one would expect as a regular plugin which can be installed on a per site basis in a multisite installation.

• Solomon RobertSolomon Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anton,

I am interested in Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature for my upcoming project. I would like to have one common Checkout for two of my shopping sites.

Please add me to the list of people interested in getting this plugin. Can you please provide rough time regarding the readiness of the plugin? This will be definitely help me to make some progress on my project.

Thanks in Advance.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anton i'm interested in this, I need it for my 2 next projects.
        I want to have it on totally different domains. the same cart and accounts and products.

Want a head site where I can store all the products.
        and 4 sub sites where I display one category!

• RafaRafa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im totally interested in somenthing like in the (July 01, 2014 09:53) comment:
        "Hello, I am working for a wordpress multisite in which domain.com is main site where people could search for subsites like sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, sub3.domain.com. Woocommerce plugin is perfect and its working for each subsite individually.. but I also want to have one master reporting place, where main admin from domain.com/wp-admin could see complete sales activities, Should be able to place % of commission. If someone who is very good in woocommerce then lets talk. Need to work for a website. If you have already such type of plugin then please contact me at info@thakurintl.com. Thanks. Jay"

• YuriYuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am interested in being able to build a shopping marketplace of the likes of Etsy, for example, with WooCommerce and WP Multisite. Any chance at all that such functionality is developed in the near future?

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried private messaging you @meglio but not able to. I would be very interested please Anton

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I am working for a wordpress multisite in which domain.com is main site where people could search for subsites like sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, sub3.domain.com. Woocommerce plugin is perfect and its working for each subsite individually.. but I also want to have one master reporting place, where main admin from domain.com/wp-admin could see complete sales activities, Should be able to place % of commission. If someone who is very good in woocommerce then lets talk. Need to work for a website. If you have already such type of plugin then please contact me at info@thakurintl.com. Thanks. Jay

• Corey CaswickCorey Caswick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anton, please add me to the list of people interested in this plugin when it becomes available.

corey at chatman design dot com

Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base