How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

1,683 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    XazinjiXazinji shared a merged idea: Marketplace  ·   · 

219 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since this project seems to still be a work in progress and it may be another year or two, I have decided to switch to Magento.

• Jesse MesserveyJesse Messervey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see something like this! It would be nice to have an option to combine each site's cart OR keep them separated, but either way manage ALL shops from one dashboard.

• LawrieLawrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would actually sacrifice an android - *even if it had feelings* - for this kind of feature.

I assume that this is at least theoretically possible as cart/'session' data is stored in transients rather than *actual* sessions, so as long as you're talking to the same database, you should be able to pull the cart data when you need it, across subdomains - or even different domains that point to the same site.

This latter point is exactly what I'm hoping to achieve with this: I have one site that can be accessed by up to a dozen different top-level domains, so going to mysuperstore.com and yoursuperstore.net actually resolve to the exact same site. I'd like to be able to use a unified top-level domain so that someone can add products from both yoursuperstore.net and mysuperstore.com and then checkout at mycheckout.org (again, all pointing at the same site, with the same database). That way I don't need 12 separate SSL certificates!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the supporters give us an ETA on that feature? It is very helpful and would make Woocommerce 10x better.

• MitchMitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys (& gals), listen up. :-)

In 2014 I build (my team, in-house) a dashboard that connects your multiple Woocommerce shops.

It handles orders, stock, suppliers, and shows you some nifty reports how your business is doing.

Nothing bulky, just the things I need for MY business.

I made a quick (10 min) video about it: http://www.multishop.io

I'm thinking about releasing it as an online service. Only if there is a need for it.

I am not here to release some half-ass plugin with no support. If we do this, then it's going to be good. I eat my own cookies because I use this myself! :-)

If there is no need... Also no problem. I will continue it using myself.

• markimarkmarkimark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am in. Please provide this plugin. There is a huge request for it, please listen to the community Woo.

• SS4USS4U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all would benefit from this and I personally would pay for it!

• ChadChad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

P.S. With 1,600 votes now, this feature request is the top most requested feature on the WooCommerce idea board.

• ChadChad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needing this feature. I've been reading up on blogs about people complaining that WC doesn't have a multi-site solution, and most have been switching to MarketPress because of it's clean multi-site and 'global cart' features.

I would prefer to stick with WooCommerce, if you can implement the feature in 2.3.

I'd like a survey as well please. thanks!

• annoyedannoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow, great progress. Wait over 2 years then you get given a survey asking what you want. Awesome work.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm achieving something similar this this (one backend, multiple front ends) by having a single wordpress install with multiple domains pointing to it. Then in the wp-config I have some code that looks at the domain name and sets a number of constants based on that... the site url, blog url, and a "CURRENT_SITE" constant that I use for modifying WordPress queries and CSS styling. But it's one theme of course so the overall layout has to be the same. Not ideal... but it works. For now.

• NigelNigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. I promptly sent mine back. I basically need to simply duplicate the root site for various different country level tlds. and then map them to a domain. This way I can simply change currency and a few bits language without having to move 4 gigs of downloadable pdfs each time. Sorta like etsy in a sense but in my case I am largely just duplicating the root and essentially the checkout still runs through the root db if you will. For all intents and purposes, the way marketpress works.

• CramCram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was to be coded, what are the chances woocommerce would do it in the future themselves?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base