How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,083 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Multiple Stores on different domains  ·   · 
    PhilipPhilip shared a merged idea: remote authentication via shared token to connect two stores  ·   · 
    Asep AwaludinAsep Awaludin shared a merged idea: Add multistore  ·   · 
    IsaacIsaac shared a merged idea: Extending the MultiSite functionality  ·   · 
    Anton AndriyevskyyAnton Andriyevskyy shared a merged idea: Does anyone need one catalog for multiple domains on WPMS?  ·   · 
    ErikErik shared a merged idea: Wordpress Multisite Support  ·   · 
    Pete RakozyPete Rakozy shared a merged idea: Allow for one woocommerce installation to be the backend database for two stores.  ·   · 
    Vuokko RautiainenVuokko Rautiainen shared a merged idea: Woocommerce into a multisite.  ·   · 
    LefterisLefteris shared a merged idea: multistore using wp multisite  ·   · 
    XazinjiXazinji shared a merged idea: Marketplace  ·   · 

263 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoshuaJoshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review / sending surveys out on October 30, 2014 and still no movement? What a huge opportunity this creates for other solutions---let's get this going, Woo admins!

• TylerTyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be HUGELY beneficial for my current project! I've pushed it off to be a "phase 2" type goal... so if you guys could make it happen in the meantime... :D

• StefStef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should also be able to work on DOMAIN MAPPED sub-sites ... then you have a killer product!! :-)

• NickyNicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be brilliant if the multi cart check out did a subtotal for each vendor then a grand total for the order

• Nicholas SchvabenitzNicholas Schvabenitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like to see this option added. This would be very powerful for us as we'd like to separate Sensei by putting it on a subdomain so that we can fee up resources and allow our front facing customer site to load faster. The. Have another subdomain for WooCommerce products.

• deidredeidre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW is this not an option...It should work like Buddypress when its Network Activated it works, well across the entire network of sites.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have been stuggeling to get a solution for this and think that some woo gurus would know how to. How can we make a big (supplier,dealers)market with woocommerce. An example i am a supplier and have many dealers (Also have wordpress and woocommerce) i want that when i update or add my product all the products (quantity,price, images) of dealers website will update automatically

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've set up a woocommerce multisite and so far so good it works. I've limited what admins can see in the back end so that users can work the store with out being able to disturb the main settings and appearances. What I'd like to see is a global search for products so when anyone comes to the main site which I consider the lobby of the mall , they can search for products for sale on any storefront throughout the entire network of stores.

• Anton AndriyevskyyAnton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrew. I haven't made any progress since then because I didn't see a lot of users who would subscribe to buy it when it's ready - in other words, lack of interest. And then it was said that WooCommerce is development something to fill the niche.

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essentially another decent way to set up a vendor / marketplace site with a lot more flexibility than a vendor plugin. I like the idea and I am interested in where it might lead.

• PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have two stores I would like the option to allow users with a login to be able to use their current details to allow log in for a second site.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base