How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,006 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Multiple Stores on different domains  ·   · 
    PhilipPhilip shared a merged idea: remote authentication via shared token to connect two stores  ·   · 
    Asep AwaludinAsep Awaludin shared a merged idea: Add multistore  ·   · 
    XazinjiXazinji shared a merged idea: Marketplace  ·   · 

239 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoshuaJoshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review / sending surveys out on October 30, 2014 and still no movement? What a huge opportunity this creates for other solutions---let's get this going, Woo admins!

• TylerTyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be HUGELY beneficial for my current project! I've pushed it off to be a "phase 2" type goal... so if you guys could make it happen in the meantime... :D

• StefStef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should also be able to work on DOMAIN MAPPED sub-sites ... then you have a killer product!! :-)

• NickyNicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be brilliant if the multi cart check out did a subtotal for each vendor then a grand total for the order

• Nicholas SchvabenitzNicholas Schvabenitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like to see this option added. This would be very powerful for us as we'd like to separate Sensei by putting it on a subdomain so that we can fee up resources and allow our front facing customer site to load faster. The. Have another subdomain for WooCommerce products.

• deidredeidre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW is this not an option...It should work like Buddypress when its Network Activated it works, well across the entire network of sites.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have been stuggeling to get a solution for this and think that some woo gurus would know how to. How can we make a big (supplier,dealers)market with woocommerce. An example i am a supplier and have many dealers (Also have wordpress and woocommerce) i want that when i update or add my product all the products (quantity,price, images) of dealers website will update automatically

• Anton AndriyevskyyAnton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrew. I haven't made any progress since then because I didn't see a lot of users who would subscribe to buy it when it's ready - in other words, lack of interest. And then it was said that WooCommerce is development something to fill the niche.

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essentially another decent way to set up a vendor / marketplace site with a lot more flexibility than a vendor plugin. I like the idea and I am interested in where it might lead.

• PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have two stores I would like the option to allow users with a login to be able to use their current details to allow log in for a second site.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base