WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooThemes catalog. This is not a sales channel.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add MyECheck as a payment gateway

MyECheck is the pioneer of the fully electronic check. Electronic checks are the fastest, safest and lowest cost payment method in the industry, providing secure, low cost, same day payments from any checking account. Integrating MyECheck is a must.

332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      31 comments  ·  Payment Gateway Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Book nights not days

If this is really to be used for accommodation bookings then it must have the ability to book nights not days. ie.: end date - start date = nights booked instead of the current: end date - start date +1 = days booked.

58 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Two Calendar Date Picker (one for Start Date, one for End Date)

My premise and experience, based on user testing, is that the current 'duration' picker option is confusing for people. Using a single calendar to select start/end times problematic for the following reasons:

1. A single calendar non-standard. And so, people don't know how to use it from experience. The vast majority of reservation systems use two-calendar date pickers to establish duration.

2. A single calendar is unintuitive. The labels that explain that you need 'pick start date' or 'pick and end date' loop, so that once you've picked your end date it asks for a start date again. In fact,…

50 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Weekely view

There is the option to have a calender view by activating the 'Calendar Display Mode'. However, the default calender view is a monthly view. In this case, you first have to select a day before seeing the available time slots.

Because our customers would rather see a greater variety of available time slots for the next few days, a weekly overview would be really nice. Somethink like this: https://gb.youcanbook.me/demos.jsp?template=generic&theme=city

Even in all of our personal Outlook or Google calendars one has the option of a week view and I know lots of people using it as a default - why…

23 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Adaptive Pricing

The price that is displayed for a product should instantaneously adapt according to the respective price of the quantity selected. Currently, if a customer selects a quantity if 5 items that cost $10 each, the price that is displayed remains fixed at $10 when they have made a selection of $50 worth of merchandise. Ideally, in this situation, "$10" should be displayed for a selection of 1, and $50 should for displayed for a selection of 5. This way, the customer knows the total cost before clicking add to card, and it saves them a step of having to navigate…

16 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please fix the flawed Download Expiry setting

I'm really happy with Woocoommerce - but If I'm not completely mistaken, the Download Expiry feature on the product pages is fundamentally broken.

1 day doesn't mean 24hrs, but seemingly means until the server date changes (so for customers who buy at 11 in the evening, that could mean one hour!).

Really hope you can resolve this, so 1 day actually means 24 hours from the time of purchase, and not till the calendar date happens to change on the server.

31 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Compatibility between Bookings and Gravity Forms Product Add-on extensions

We’re going to be using Bookings so folks can request our food truck for catering or public events. There’s a bunch of information we need to get for each request. Our current way of doing this uses Gravity Forms and custom post types. While Bookings will be an improvement, it would be even better if we could keep using the conditional logic we do now, to simplify the fields for some requesters. So the Gravity Forms extension would be a better way to get all the info we need (vs. the “basic” Product Add-ons), but the Bookings documentation says GF…

30 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Block Off X Minutes Before/After Bookings

The ability to block off x minutes Before/After Bookings is a must. This is needed for services that might require 15 mins (or more) between bookings (i.e. Massage Therapy etc.)

Currently the only way to do this is set a booking product for 45mins (30 + 15), 75mins (60 +15) etc. But confirmation emails list a 75 min booking and not 60 mins.

This is a huge hassle for any service that needs to slot off time between appointments and would love to see it implemented a.s.a.p.

11 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Booking Administrative Daily View Reports/Agenda View/Print/Email

I recently installed WooCommerce Booking for a client. I have another that wants to discuss the project on Monday. I am seeing a major administrative flaw that affects both clients. There is not a way to display and/or print a daily agenda for a particular day and resource where you can see attendance/ appointment information (NOT hover over a blue box). I think it would make more sense if I gave you an example using my two clients...

Client One: Sells bookable space for a weekly class. Resources are three different locations. One the day of the class, you go…

13 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add shipping method description and additional fields support

This is for developers.

There should be a way, on the Shipping Method API (http://docs.woothemes.com/document/shipping-method-api/, to:

1) Define a "shipping method description" just like it exists on the payment gateways, so the user can have additional information about this shipping method, besides it's title.

2) Define custom/additional fields to be filled up by the client specific to this shipping method. These fields could be shown along side with the description I mentioned above.

Example: On a custom shipping method I'm creating for a client I need to collect the timeframe in which the client wants to receive the…

7 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Shipping Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Limit Coupons to New Customers Only

It would be really useful if we could limit a coupon so that it can only be used if the user is a new customer.

For example, in our store, we are implementing a refer a friend system where an existing customer can refer a friend to us, then both of them get a discount. The discount should only be given if the referred customer is new to us.

This could be achieved by establishing if the user has made any previous purchases. If they are not logged in it would be useful to then check if any orders have…

20 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Payment Gateway Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Exclude products for being sold together

I would like to be able to exclude products being added to cart/or bought if another product already is being added to cart.

For example.

If product X is added to the cart, product Y can also be added to the cart. But product A can't be added because it's excluded from being sold together with product X.

This could be edited in the single product edit screen. Or as a general/bulk rule in Woocommerce settings on a category basis? Wich can be overruled in the single product screen.

16 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Edit Order Item Attribute Interface

To edit order item attributes, a shop owner must use slugs. Furthermore, the available attributes and terms (for this product or otherwise) are not displayed in a drop-down. This requires an owner to first check whether a product has an attribute, then figure out the slug for both it and the term.

18 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow a subscription fee to be virtual

Let's say you're selling phones. Let's then assume there's an equipment charge on the front end, then an ongoing subscription for the next 24 months. Let's also assume you charge shipping fees on the product.

Have you thought about what happens when shipping is dropped on top of a subscription package structured this way? It tries to bill the subscriber shipping on a monthly basis for the life of the contract. That's a problem!

Now let's suppose the subscription length, as is common, discounts the up front equipment cost. What then? If you split the products in two then your…

5 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  General Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Show product variations on shop page

I would love to have the possibility to show product variations (with their own image) as separate products on the product listing pages (main shop page, category page, etc). That way visitors would be able to see the right product images when they use the layered nav filters.

Let's say I have a product that is available in both blue and white. I dont want to create two separate simple products, as I want the customer to be able to see and choose between the available colors on the product page. So I create a variable product using a color…

212 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  17 comments  ·  Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Creating products from an external database with barcodes

The idea is to create an extension/service which allow administrators to just add products to their store using the product barcode.

Workflow:

1- The admin visit the Add New page
                                  2- Write the barcode number in a field
                                  3- WooCommerce searches for that number in a database
                                  4- It returns a product with all its data (title, description, variations, attributes, prices, etc)
                                  5- The admin add it to its site and edit it, if needed.
                                  6- The admin choose if he wants to update the product data online (if changes have been made)
                                  7- The admin publish the product on…

24 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  General Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Newsletter Subscription - Add separate options to enable double opt-in for checkout vs widget

I am using the subscribe check-box on my checkout page and am also using the widget on my website footer. It would be amazing to have separate options for enabling double opt-in on the checkout vs the widget.

On the widget I would want double opt-in enabled since anyone can easily access it, however, on the checkout users have to enter a lot of additional info so single opt-in there would be preferred.

Improvements to the messages displayed when double opt-in is enabled would be nice as well. The widget just says 'Thanks for subscribing.' instead of telling the user…

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  General Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  General Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Show unavailable time block - front end

Hi

Fist of all thanks for making this great plugin.

It would be great when a user click on a date to show him /her also the booked time slots along with the available, so the customer could see what is the supported book times in general.

2 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Save credit card information with PayPal Pro (Payflow)

I'd love to have the ability with PayPay Pro (Payflow) to save the customer's credit card information to their account so that the customer can re-order using their saved credit card the same way which the Stripe plugin does.

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Payment Gateway Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 117 118
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base